Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: First week of Citalopram

Re: First week of Citalopram

It's connected to the radio station, we're probably going to try and get some of the stuff we record on air, or at least make a podcast out of it for the NGI. As far as volunteering for it, at the moment you need to get to know the team and be invited along. Introduce yourself on the forum and build up a relationship until they eventually give you an invite. It does help if you know someone on the inside too

Right now they aren't doing any public investigations, but they are thinking about it in the future if there is demand, so you might wish to sign up to the forum and ask them about that.

Shame about the job Shaun but good luck with the spooky exploits! I'm interested in all things spooky (mumbo jumbo) so would like to hear how it goes.

Week 8, Thursday day 53
    It was old man Jenkins! The swine, he was wearing a costume to scare people away from his goldmine! We unmasked him and he was carted off by the police, though he'll probably just do community service.

So that's how our ghost investigation went, which is of course utter lies. What really happened was as follows, and no great danes were involved, though there was a ginger cat and some questionable types from around Middlesbrough, namely the NGI members :P

When we arrived at the pub in Stockton it was pretty quiet apart from a few people watching the Germany - Spain match on TV. After that it pretty much emptied and after the staff had locked up we sat down and got started.

I'd brought along a digital recorder to let the NGI members make a podcast of the event, so we started with an intro to their organisation and to the members present as well as a little bit about the investigation we were conducting that evening. While we sat around and did this bit of the podcast, the pub cat paid us a visit and got to know a few of the members too, most friendly he was.

Following that, John and Mark, the two sensitives (they avoid the word medium as they feel it has all sorts of stigma attached) did separate walkarounds of the pub to see if they could pick up any energies or sensations from the location. While they did their thing most of us just stood about in the back yard and had a cig or sat and chatted in the corner. Both John and Mark recorded what they'd managed to pick up for the podcast.

Once they'd got a feel for what might be hanging around, we started some experiments that they had put together to see if we could glean more information regarding what the presence might be or wish to communicate.

The first involved us splitting into 3 teams, one was the two sensitives trying to pick up on vibrations and energies at certain points of the pub, another was attempting to communicate using the old favourite of mediums, the Ouija board, while the third was using automatic writing. Each group would try to answer the same group of questions and the answers would then be compared at the end of 15-20 minutes to see if there was any correlation. This experiment was repeated twice with the groups being different both times. The results were a little scatter shot with some information that could be related but nothing conclusive that could be said to be anything definite.

A group, including the two sensitives did head down into the wet cellar, where they keep the beer and that seemed to give them some evidence of a presence as well as some sense of there being an unpleasant even having taken place down there at some point in the past.

A final experiment involved several objects that were kept away from the group as we sat around the Ouija board again. One person asked the 'spirit' that was suspected to be present in the pub to accompany him to the table with the objects and take note of which one he picked up. He then returned to us and the spirit was asked to spell out the name of the item that had been brought back but kept hidden from us.

This turned out to be quite an interesting experiment as the presence seemed to enjoy taking part and managed to spell out the names of the first 2 objects correctly. The third time the person picking up the objects decided to pull a double bluff and didn't return with anything at all so despite one of the objects being spelled out, it was incorrect.

After this the presence seemed to take the huff and refused to play any more so that was the end of that. It was interesting, though I do wonder if one of the two sat around the board with me were perhaps manipulating the planchette, the 3 cornered device that moves around to pick out letters and numbers on the board. This is just the skeptic in me, but I am assured by the NGI members that they don't do such things as they aren't out to create interesting investigations and most are skeptics to a certain extent like myself.

After a round up for the podcast we left the pub around 3am and made our ways home, I felt quite charged up when I was heading home having enjoyed the evening but once I got to bed I was out like a light until around 9am.

I'm sure there will be a full report on the whole investigation posted up on the NGI website soon, and hopefully we'll get invited along to more of them to make more podcasts and join in the fun.

I'll link the podcast once it's edited for public listening and online.

Better days people
    Shaun
    Last edited by Raindog; 08-07-10 at 22:03.

Oh yeah, while writing that last post not only did I age 3 months but I also realised that I'd numbered the days in my posts wrong. I went to take today's cit pill and thought it was odd that I was on week 8 when I was posting as week 7.

I went back an realised I'd make a mistake so edited those posts to show the proper day in my cit journey. Now the winner of this week's 'Spot the Deliberate Mistake' competition is.............me! Woo hoo, what do I win?

Waddya mean a lie down in field?

Week 8, Friday day 54
    Well, Gazza turns up in Rothbury, reported as having brought beer and chicken for Raoul Moat and has been on local radio sounding drunk and is apparently causing a bit of commotion at the police cordon. What a circus this whole thing has become, next we'll have Sting in there making an album for the people of Rothbury.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukp...dZ3qsCxFKMlz8Q

I think it's terribly inconsiderate of the police to be so close to arresting Moat when the media could string this story out for another week at least. What it going to sell newspapers and keep the masses glued to the TV now?

Happy days

I have lost track of the news lately but watched some earlier and couldn't believe that some people were having a party in the street with an accordian not far away from the police cordon. How wierd are some people? Who could sing and dance in the street making merry whilst something like that was going on?

Anyway - sounds like your ghost hunting expedition went well. I had to laugh with the spirit taking the huff. Be interesting to know whether the person picked something up and then put it back before returning empty handed. Perhaps the spook was right after all and huffed for that reason. I appreciate it was conducted as an experiment but some spooks don't like to play parlour tricks (apparently).

I'm no expert, but used to watch Living TV quite a bit and know a couple of people who are very good psychic mediums. I am quite intuitive too but have never seen a ghost. I would probably sense a spirit though if one was around. I'm really sensitive to atmospheres and can sometimes get very spooked. I am also healthily skeptic but not cynical. I remain open-minded with these matters and do find it quite an interesting topic.

Good old Gazza causing mahem, like they were seriously going to let him near the guy! It's only a couple of weeks since he was in that drunken crash too.

Week 9, Monday day 57
    Note to self, make sure I pick up my repeat prescription before the end of the week when my course of Cit runs out. I meant to pick it up last week and forgot on Friday so now have to nip down to the surgery and collect it so I have a Cit tablet to take this morning. Not a big deal but it shows I've been a bit lacklustre over the past few days.

I might be just a bit apathetic after not getting that job I went for, I haven't been looking much the past week and yesterday I just sat in the house and barely moved, but once in a while doesn't really hurt that much.

I had a big argument with the idiot downstairs about his cat. The landlord and landlady have let him keep a cat despite there being a policy of no pets. We even backed him up by saying we didn't mind the cat being here but now he's starting to tell us to not let the poor thing in after he's let her out and not let her into our flats. Thing is he barely looks after her now and he's getting stroppy with people over her getting back into the house.

He came up stairs on Saturday night and started telling me not to let her in so I just told him we're going in and out of the house all day and we can't always keep an eye out for the cat. He threw a massive wobbler and there were some nasty words involved, primarily because I know he's had a go at others in the house and I decided he wasn't going to do it with me, he'd picked on the wrong person this time and told him in no uncertain terms to go away in short, sharp, jerky movements. He didn't like this but I really didn't care.

That didn't make me feel terribly sociable yesterday so I just sat in my flat watching tv and reading stuff as well as doing the odd Facebook post or blowing stuff up playing EVE. After the ghost hunt last Wednesday my sleeping pattern has been every so slightly shifted, staying up longer at night and sleeping in later in the morning, but that could be put down to the heat as well, I find it difficult settling down for sleep when it's so hot. I should make the effort to get myself back to being up around 8ish this week if I can, just get an early night and that should help. Maybe now the weather is a bit cooler I can manage that.

Right, time to go pick up my prescription folks
    Better days
    Shaun
    Last edited by Raindog; 13-07-10 at 09:49.

Hiya Shaun,

What a bloody cheek about cat man! Cats are as fast as lightening when they want to be. You don't want to have to be opening the door with trepidation each time you come and go and start any fancy footwork trying to keep the cat out. That's just ridiculous! Hopefully he'll calm down and realise he's not being realistic to expect everyone to be responsible for HIS pet.

I once had a cat issue but I brought it very much on myself. My downstairs neighbours (from hell) owned a cute black and white tuxedo cat, plus a dog and several kids in a two bed flat. The poor cat was always outside and always hungry. Over time I befriended her because she was just so friendly and cute at barely a year old.

Long story short, I let the cat in and started feeding her. She knew where her bread was buttered! I was out all day but she'd be there waiting patiently at night. Despite being allergic to cats she was lovely company and very affectionate!

I decided to visit a friend just before Christmas last year and was really worried about the cat knowing that her proper owners couldn't really care less. However, I figured I couldn't let the cat prevent me from going, so I went with some trepidation and worry.

When I returned I found the poor cat under a hedge looking really poorly and sorry for herself and no neighbours!! They had moved out and left her behind. Perhaps they knew she was spending time with me or perhaps not but either way they left it to chance and she could easily have perished in the freezing cold. As it was, she lay warm on my bed for about a week recovering, getting up occasionally for food or a fuss. Poor thing was exhausted.

Another long story short... I decided I couldn't keep her because she wasn't spayed and I couldn't afford the vets fees. But I did the next best thing and got her re-homed via a pet sanctuary that got her neutered chipped and vaccinated and she's now living with a family somewhere in the countryside.

Happy ending... but it makes me so annoyed when people have pets and then don't look after them properly or blame others for their pet's comings and goings.

Cats especially are a law unto themselves.

Ever tried herding them?

Shaun, the right job is waiting for you. Take this as a blessing in disguise.

Yvonne

Well I made a whoopsie didn't I!

Went along to the health centre and asked about my repeat prescription and found it wasn't there. I haven't really done one of these before and didn't know you had to pre-order it a couple of days before.

Fortunately the woman on the desk sent a message through to my doc and said it should be ready by 4, so I'll just take my Cit a few hours late. Oh well, that will teach me :P

The guy with the cat got a mouthful mainly because I wasn't going to take his crap and I was standing up for the others in the house too that have had to put up with his whining attitude. He's not even supposed to have the cat here and the landlord has said if he makes it a problem then he's out. Like most bullies I've encountered over the years though he scurried off, still yelling like he was winning but he knew I was the wrong person to pull that kind of thing on. I laughed at him as he started barking orders at me and telling me 'it was the biggest mistake I'd made'.

He was very quiet yesterday

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread Information