Thread: Feeling anxious again

Feeling anxious again

I feel like have a general moan about anxiety because I am totally peed off with it! On sunday I felt I could go anywhere, I felt good, but then on Monday I felt totally anxious. Why does that happen? I feel life is flat and I am scared of anything that could make it exciting. I am really happy to come off the anti depressants (I am about half way through coming off them) as I am hoping it will give me some feelings of excitement and lust for life back, but at the same time I am scared about coming off them as I feel my anxiety has increased.

Grrr above all I am frustratefd with myself for feeling like this!

I think I am particularly anxious at the moment as I have loads of things coming up and don't know how I am going to cope with them. Can anyone shed any light?

The things I am getting anxious about are the things I used to look forward to:

1. Next week it is my brithday I have organised to meet up with about 20 friends in a pub. Then on sunday I am going to a Spa with my mum in Covent Garden. I know that sounds lovely, I am looking forward to it but feeling anxious also.
    2. The following week I am going to Kent to see my boyfriend's parents.
    3. At the end of June I am going to Belgium to a festival with my boyfriend and his friends. This time last year I went to a different festival in Belgium and was so anxious, i had loads of panic attacks and was counting down the days until we left. I took valium through the event.
    4. The weekend immediately after I get back from the Festival I am flying to Holland on my own to see my friend for her birthday, this is the thing that totally terrifies me. I need to get a train to stansted, then the flight, then a bus to the train station in Eindhoven, then a train to Utrech. All on my own.
    5. In September I am supposed to be starting a MSc degree.

I am scared of relapse.

Re: Feeling anxious again

hey mlondon, all i can say is that this happens its crap, but it does happen maybe there are reasons for it and you may feel better if you can try and work out why? but maybe you are stressed enough about the antid's to feel bad enough for it to start encroaching on other things you are going to be doing? i dont know but also the going to belgium for a festival will automatically tell your brain that isnt safe as youve had problems in thast situation before? you have to convince your brain that althoguh you feel anxious there is no danger in going to belgium. could you get some therapy to help you through this patch? otherise i think maybe just keep chatting about how you feel and people on here will talk with you enough to help you see things more clearly? but the stress of stopping the antid's even though you are happy about it could be a trigger for how you are feeling now? tc, emma

Re: Feeling anxious again

Hi Mlondon

I can relate to that. Today im having a really awful day, anxiety is sky high. A few days ago i had a reasonably good day.

I am also coming off meds and am down to half tablet every other day. What meds are u on. U can feel awful when coming off them.

Im sure its not a relapse, just an off day!

love mandie x

Thread Information