Thread: 2 weeks on Prozac

2 weeks on Prozac

Hi, I'm 2 weeks into 20mg Prozac and the last 2 days felt a definite improvement but today I feel worse. Anxiety this morning and just feeling really rough and jittery. When it starts working doesn't it usually continue to get better or can I have bad days and good days. When I've been on meds before (including Prozac) I haven't slipped back and it's worked quicker than this.
    I've also been cutting out dairy as I've been told it can help and I think I'm detoxing a bit (spots/greasy hair/headaches). Maybe this is contributing to me feeling rough. Tempted to have a big cheese sandwich and be done with it.
    Not helping today because I think I've just inadvertently upset someone at work and that of course has sent me into a tailspin and I'm now feeling wobbly and shaky.
    God when will it be over.

Re: 2 weeks on Prozac

Two weeks is still quite early in the great scheme of things with these medications, so please be easy on yourself if you have any dips or down days. With the best will in the world it is only human to have the occasional bad day, the hope is as you settle on this medication they'll become less and less frequent and less severe.

It is very common though for us all to worry a few weeks in that a bad day is a sign of the medication not working - but it's not. Try and focus if you can on what you said - that the last two days have been an improvement - you should return to that positive feeling soon.

It's possible a change of diet might be affecting you, it's obviously hard to pin that sort of thing down. My advice for what it's worth is at the moment (and until you have settled on the medication) is to put your well being first, so do what feels like it will make you feel more comfortable. If that means a blow out on a big cheese sandwich, then do it You can soon look at your diet again in a few weeks or months when you're feeling better.

Re: 2 weeks on Prozac

Thank you so much. You're right, it's probably a blip, let's hope tomorrow is a better day.

Thread Information