Thread: Made it

Made it

Hi there! Many of you will remember my verging on hysteria posts about how I was convinced I wouldn't survive childbirth. Well I did! Our beautiful little girl was born last week. My heart rate did shoot up a lot during labour but with the help of a calm and confident midwife, I made it through. As many of you predicted, I had no palpitations. Unfortunately I've had a few since but not in the region that I had during pregnancy, but when they strike I am very aware of them. My resting heart rate was 90-100 during pregnancy and it came straight down afterwards and is now averaging around 60 which I'll be honest is freaking me out a little. I've decided to go back on my tablets for the sake of my family and really address my anxiety. Just wanted to thank you all for your help and advice when I was at my lowest - in particular, I Still Believe who really calmed me when at my wits end.
    Hopefully this post can give some reassurance to other pregnant ladies who have these hideous symptoms x

Re: Made it

Aw, how lovely, congratulations Charlie, well done you At least now you should be able to get some relief with the meds. And don't forget that your hormones will still be all over the place for a little while longer, plus you'll be tired loads, so look after yourself.

Take care
    Cath ☺ x x

congratulations! that's amazing news.

Congratulations!

i told you...
    congratulations! now focus on your baby, not on your heart. that beautiful little girl need your 100% attention.

congratulations Charlie1108 :-)

Don't worry about the heart being at 60 beats per min, mine's often at that due to my beta blockers, and even goes down to about 50! That freaked me out at first but my doctor said it probably goes even lower when I'm asleep and not to worry, lol. 60 is a very healthy rate and a sign of health in a young woman.

Congratulations once again, you did it! :-)

Thread Information