Thread: Boon or tooth fragments left in after tooth extraction......

Boon or tooth fragments left in after tooth extraction......

Basically I'm freaking out I had a tooth pulled out on Thursday and there is a bit of (what I think) is bone or tooth sticking out of the side into my cheek! Making it hurt whenever I smile or talk, it doesn't hurt otherwise and isn't bleeding but in panicing as I have no idea what it is and can't get into my dentist until Monday. I try to forget about it but whenever I smile it hurts so I'm constantly reminded, someone please put my mind at rest and reassure me it's not going to kill me. I am trying very hard not to google but I just want to know this has happened to others :( and its nothing to worry about. Thanks guys xxxx

Re: Boon or tooth fragments left in after tooth extraction......

Did you have to have a dissolvable stitch in the gum after your extraction? I had to have this with a wisdom tooth removal, and the knotted bit of the stitch felt sharp in my mouth until it started to dissolve.

Hi there,

Exactly this happened to me twice when I had wisdom teeth out. Apparently, they are fragments of bone from the jaw where the tooth was extracted from. As the gum heals, the fragments are pushed out (which is why you can feel them) and eventually, they come out on their own. Occasionally, a dentist needs to tweezer them out but they won't do you any harm at the moment.

Keep an eye on it and if it's no better next week, pop back to the dentist who'll remove them for you.

Pip

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

To stop you googling, I found this for you which supports what I said above:

http://www.dentalfearcentral.org/for...er-extractions

Try not to worry, it's very common and nothing to worry about. Try not to poke around with it, it will most likely resolve itself.

Pip

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi thank you so much for commenting you have put my Ming to rest! Hopefully I can sleep now! Thank you for googling for me to with this health anxiety business everything us going to kill me! Lol but thank you again xxxx

---------- Post added at 00:02 ---------- Previous post was at 00:01 ----------

Obv meant mind and not Ming lol not sure what happened there! Xxxx

You're welcome. I know I was worried when this first happened to me but it was absolutely fine.

Take care

Pip x

Thread Information