Thread: Relationship OCD

Relationship OCD

Hi,

I'm new to the boards but found them whilst googling for relationship OCD.

I'm 28 with a history of anxiety and OCD. I've been well for several years now but still take anti-depressants. I've been with a wonderful guy for nearly a year now. We met online and have had an amazing relationship.

A few months ago we started discussing moving in together. Shortly after that I remember suddenly getting really strong feelings of doubt. I couldn't pinpoint why or what about. This went on for a few weeks and I nearly broke up with him. But the doubts then passed and things were good again. I was ridiculously happy again and even told my Mum that he's 'the one' and I want to marry him. We started looking at flats and I was so excited. Then last week we found somewhere. I felt perfectly happy about it all and so we took it and start renting it in 4 weeks time. The next day, the anxiety came back and hasn't gone since. Its a constant feeling of anxiety and fear. I'm terrified. I'm scared that I don't love him or don't love him enough. I'm scared he's not the right one etc. These doubts are on my mind constantly. Then I'll remember something about him and it'll make me smile and I can't believe I ever doubted things. Then the doubts swing back again.

Its a constant cycle of doubting and its driving me crazy. I don't know what to do. I love him, we're perfect together, he's my best friend. So why am I constantly doubting it? The fact that these doubts appeared again the day after signing our lease can't be a coincidence? I've been googling and came across relationship OCD. Does this sound like what it is? I'm terrified that I might think its ROCD but actually its not, its just my 'true feelings' coming through. But if I have a history of anxiety and OCD is it likely that I could develop ROCD?

Many thanks for reading.

Re: Relationship OCD

And and meds can cause this. There are many threads on here from others with same feelings.
    I felt the same in the past, it's not uncommon to have no feelings for loved ones or anything else for that matter as well.
    Don't do anything rash...
    Read up on old threads.

Thread Information