Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pedophile OCD

Re: Pedophile OCD

I honestly don't know. I have told my therapists every sick thought, impulse, what I felt like was attraction and they said it was OCD. I asked my last therapist how having an impulse when I see a pretty kid could possibly be OCD. She explained why but I just don't buy it.

---------- Post added at 20:43 ---------- Previous post was at 20:37 ----------

I am so silly youknow what I have seen so many therapists I forgot that one of my therapists consulted a sexual offender therapist in the county and he said I wasn't a pedophile. Still I can't believe it. I am still scared. I have had electric shock therapy for depression so I tend to forget things.

---------- Post added at 20:44 ---------- Previous post was at 20:43 ----------

My husband said I won't rest until I feel like the worst person alive.

Hi Raven

Hope I can help you out here with your thoughts, it's a kind of self hate thing going on, I get intrusive thoughts not about touching children, mine are that I am mental, I am not mental I have been to therapists, I have anxiety with intrusive thoughts, it's your self esteem that is at an all time low that is making you think the worst of yourself, you are trying to destroy yourself with these thoughts, you need to build on your self esteem and gain some self love for yourself, you are a worthy human being.....peadophiles don't have guilt or worry about their thoughts they act on them.

Hope this helps

Reeny

Exactly. I am very angry with God for making me this way.

---------- Post added at 10:59 ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 ----------

I don't want to die I am afraid of hell but if I harm I will go there. So angry!!!!

I'm a staunch atheist too but if you're a believer shouldn't you be able to find solace and love in your religion?

Yeah but don't u deserve hell if you harm?

You havent harmed anyone Raven, and it sounds like you have a very shallow understanding of Christianity.

---------- Post added at 23:07 ---------- Previous post was at 23:06 ----------

or whatever religion

AND
    'AV A
    PASTY

Why do you say that?

Actually I have great doubt about whether God exists. My pastor said I have a choice to make believe he doesn't and if hell is there i indeed go. Or believe and if I am wrong lose nothing. He said I have to chose to believe and one day I will and be able to go to heaven if it indeed exists. My thing is we can't know for sure he doesn't so why not believe he does and if it stops me from harming that's just an added bonus.

I suggest you all keep to topic on this one. Everyone is entitled to different views on religion and this sort of discussion invariably ends in an argument on this forum.

Please agree to disagree and move on.

Pip

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Steveo why have you deleted your comments I thought you had some valid points. I think you need some guidence Raven, you are living in fear at the moment and Christianity is so much more valuable than that. I hope you find some peace and it's worth mentioning these deeper worries to a therapist.

AND
    'AV A
    PASTY

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information