Thread: Weird chest felling, irregular heart rate,

Weird chest felling, irregular heart rate,

So as I'm laying in bed this evening I keep getting the feeling that I have to take a deep breath. An odd feeling that almost goes throughMy whole body. That my heart keeps beating irregular. Possibly having palps but I don't know. I was falling asleep not long ago and had a weird feeling in chest like heart stopped and I jerked up to take a deep breath. Hard to really explain. I don't know if my heart rate is irregular. When I feel my pulse for awhile is seems as though but that's not a correct way to find out. I've had EKGs in the past. Easily within two years. A stress test about 4 years ago. A holter monitor 5 years ago maybe. All just to figure out anxiety. My recent visit with doctor show 60 BPM and 120/71. So vitals seem good. I also exercise. But today seems to be a rough one for some reason. I'm not going to look up anything as that won't help me.

Re: Weird chest felling, irregular heart rate,

It sounds like a rush of adrenaline. As I'm about to fall asleep it's like my air rushes all out and my heart stops and then rushed to beat again. It happens when you are stressed or anxious. It's your body trying to relax.

Re: Weird chest felling, irregular heart rate,

I have a constant feeling that there is something wrong with my heart, i have to always check my pulse which then brings on a panic attack if i can't find it quickly or it feels weak.

I get this two when i am in bed and find it really hard to go to sleep as when i am drifting off a thought kicks in that my heart has stopped beating - is this normal for anxiety? Having only recently been diagnosed its all new to me and quite scary

Thread Information