Thread: Pure O?

Question Pure O?

Hey, so a few days ago i started havin thoguhts about hurting myself/dying. everytime i went out in my car or was in someone elses car I'd think about what it would feel like if i swerved into a car on the other side of the road or if i were to go up the back of someone, sometimes i feel like not braking when i need to just 'because i can' its hard to explain what i think but anyway i spoke to a friend of mine who suffers from anxiety, panic attacks and depression and has done for many years. she said it was a form of OCD but just the obsessive side and that shes had thoughts similar for years, i was just wondering if anyone had the same and if it was a form of OCD...?
    Jody x

Re: Pure O?

Hi. I have many times in the past but never if my child is with me strangely enough. Luckily so far self preservation has kicked in! It's scary when I do think like that though!

Re: Pure O?

It does sound like a obsessive thought- because your having it over and over again. Luckily it isnt compulsive. It also sounds like your quite depressed too.. I'd suggest speaking to a GP or therapist, whoever you have, about it. Obsessive thoughts can be quite damaging and stressful, it will be good if you can nip it in the bud and get some treatment! xx

FEAR is an acronym for False Evidence Appearing Real.

Thread Information