Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: self help books.....

Re: self help books.....

I was directed towards two books myself, one is called "Overcoming Anxiety" - Helen Kennerley... The Other is "Overcoming Low Self-Esteem" - Melanie Fennell, To be honest though they aren't really helping, I find it hard to take in what i'm reading, I just find it hard to concentrate :/

I also use self help book. This book helps me to control anxiety.

Feel The Fear And Do It Anyway - Susan Jeffers
    You Can Heal Your Life - Louise L. Hay
    The Anxiety and Phobia Workbook - Edmund J. Bourne
    Yesterday I Cried: Celebrating the Lessons of Living and Loving - Iyanla Vanzant

These Claire Weekes audios also help me a lot
    http://www.junior-anxiety-depression...l#HowToRecover

Wishing you well!

Agoraphobia and anxiety workbook previously suggested is very comprehensive and helpful.
    One I would advise for those like me who suffer specifically from agoraphobia is the Agoraphobia Workbook: A comprehensive program to end your fears of symptom attacks from Pollard and Zuercher White, can be bought from Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by EliStarr* View Post
    I was directed towards two books myself, one is called "Overcoming Anxiety" - Helen Kennerley... The Other is "Overcoming Low Self-Esteem" - Melanie Fennell, To be honest though they aren't really helping, I find it hard to take in what i'm reading, I just find it hard to concentrate :/
    I too found the overcoming series a bit too much to take in - its a big book with a lot of text!

I personally am liking the mini-books from the live life to the full website, eye catching, and deals with things in small chunks

I woul recommand The Fractured Mind a book about how to recover from anxiety and panic; you can find it on amazon kindle store

'At Last a Life' by Paul David... uncannily similar ideas and method of self-treatment to Claire Weekes... when I say uncanny, I mean exactly the same... strange that, even though she is never mentioned in the book.

I have noticed that there seems to be some confusion as to the titles of the books written by Claire Weekes. Her original book, "Self help for your nerves" was published in 1962 and was a 'best seller' from the word go. The second "Peace from Nervous Suffering" was published in 1972. "More help for your Nerves" was published in 1984. The latest version which is a compilation of the other two was published in 2000 and is called "Essential help for your Nerves" This is a mch updated version and contains a lot the other books don't. Please forgive me if I am 'teaching my grandmother to suck eggs' but I did notice this slight confusion on the Forum. Beat wishes. John.

These are books I have bought and have found to be of some value for anxiety:

"The Mindful Path Through Worry & Rumination" - Sameet M. Kumar Ph.D

"Coping With A Stressed Nervous System" - Dr Kenneth Hambly & Alice Muir

"Change Your Thinking" - Dr Sarah Edelman (CBT self help / workbook)

Mark

I have read many self help books I like Clare weeks books, and feeling good by David burns.

My favorite book and the one most helpful to me is called ' anxiety free, unravel your fears before they unravel you're it is such a reassuring book and very good for acceptance.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information