Thread: Anti-histamines & Inositol

Anti-histamines & Inositol

Hey everyone. The beast is back. Panic attacks are rearing their ugly head with a-vengeance…. Again!!

Last year before I got married I was suffering from BAAAAD attacks, I wasn't taking any medication, just having CBT. However I read here that anti-histamines can work really well in the short-term and I took them for a week or so before the wedding and they worked great. However now, I'm taking Vitamin C, Omega 3, Magnesium and inositol capsules (650mg) but no meds still. (I tried cit a few weeks ago and immediately got suicidal thoughts and was climbing the walls, my GP advised me not to continue. He gave me Diazepam and mitrazipine, neither of which I've taken as I'm far too terrified.

Has anyone taken Anti-histamines with any of the above. My wife is going away for the night on Saturday so I'm going to be on my own and I'm terrified.

I hate my life at the moment.

Re: Anti-histamines & Inositol

Inositol is classed as a vitamin so I'm not aware of anything that it actually clashes with. Always ring a Boots pharmacy to check if you're not sure, but I've not heard of anyone suffering some kind of inositol-related interaction.

Lots of people who start the SSRIs suffer from sudden, severe anxiety, so what you went through is probably normal. For what it's worth you made the right call, no point making yourself worse with side effects for months.

Consider mirtazapine as a medication. Far, far more gentle than any SSRI, you'll get the best sleep of your life on it, but take it immediately before bedtime and never take it before you've got to go somewhere as your early doses will put you to sleep within a short time. You'll also gain weight - your appetite will come back and food will taste amazing, so watch it

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I drew the line between hope and despair, and the line will hold.

"Forth now, and fear no darkness!"

Thread Information