Thread: How long to get into your system

How long to get into your system

I have 28 tablets of 40mg.

How long do they take to get into your system? I was told to take as and when, does this mean the effects are instanteous?

Re: How long to get into your system

My psychiatrist told me that we really need to give meds 1 month to settle in our system. If we find that things havent settled down and we are feeling no benefits by the end of a month then it is clear that these meds are not suited to us. However you say that you were told to take as & when which leads me to think they could be a sort of benzo but 40mg sounds like a very high dosage. What are these meds?

Hiya
    propranolol is a beta blocker not a benzo and unless you were given the slow release tablets the the affects should be almot imediate hope this helps
    POLLY

Hi

My GP perscribed me pro in April this year (80mg) once a day. I found it took about 4/5 days before really noticing any difference. My phy took me off them last week, cold turkey. I must admitt that for 3 days i had quite bad withdrwal. Hope this helps.

xx

Jacqui xxoo

Great thanks everyone. Going on hol next tue and wanted to know if i should be taking pro now to kickstart it. think i will. thanks again

It took about two weeks for mine to start to settle, the first week I still felt a little on edge.

Quote Originally Posted by jacqui doll View Post
    Hi

My GP perscribed me pro in April this year (80mg) once a day. I found it took about 4/5 days before really noticing any difference. My phy took me off them last week, cold turkey. I must admitt that for 3 days i had quite bad withdrwal. Hope this helps.

xx
    Pros are supposed to be well tolerated by most, I am now on the 80 slow release per day and mostly I'm having an ok time with them, they've not taken my anxiety away but they've definately diluted them.

I think you shouldn't just come off them though, they should be reduced gradually.

Pros are not addictive, which is the positive too

Thread Information