Thread: Stopping an starting propranolol

Stopping an starting propranolol

I havn't took any propranolol in over a week and I'm feel pretty anxious cuz I'm poorly just wondering if it's ok to start taking it again after bein off them for a week? Theyre only 10mg tablets supposed to be taken 3 times a day. Scared to take 1 incase it messes with my heart or gives me palps or something :S xx

Re: Stopping an starting propranolol

Hi I am scared to death of stopping mine for the same reason (messing with my heart rythm now my hearts got used to them) If your anxious about taking them I would see your doctor I'm no professional and I can't advise taking or not taking medication but if you dont need them for medical reasons i.e blood pressure etc then asking your doctor for something else or advice may be better for you with that kind of anxiety about your heart in my oppinion. See your doc and tell him your concerns

C.

noone here can really tell you for sure as for the most part noones heres medically trained except one or two who are on occasionally, but I took up to 80mg a day as and when I felt like it and it never did me any harm. You should always stick to the instructions your doc has given you though and shouldnt stop even if you feel better (unless doc says so of course)

I really can't see them giving you palpitations or giving you any heart trouble considering thats exactly what they're designed to prevent!

If you've been prescribed them and just not taken them for a few days i'm sure you'll be fine to go back on them, but as I say, i'm not a professional and only relate my experience of them.

If you're still too worried and can't get hold of your doctor pop into any pharmacist and ask or call NHS direct, they'll be able to professionally confirm it for you.

Thx guys, I was jus worried incase it messed me up a bit but I took one last night an was fine! xx

my doctor told me it was safe to stop and start them, i have not had mine for a week or two but thats my fault as i forgot to get my prescription, i now have it and will be getting some more as they stop my shaking hands etc, i can take up to 3 a day if i feel i need to but sometimes that makes me dizzy so i only do that if i really have to, otherwise i make sure i take at least one a day

Thread Information