Thread: flashing lights, and things moving.

flashing lights, and things moving.

Hi, my name is beki and i am after soome advice/make me feel better? does anybody have the feeling of seeing lights(i know flashing lights) but also i get that but i also get a feeling like things are moving just for a split second towards me. and its freaking me out! xxx

Re: flashing lights, and things moving.

i do see light quite often beki which is horrible but im sure its my anxiety, and somtimes i get the feeling things are comin closer to me especially when im trying to concentrate. its a horrible feeling i also suffer with alot of dizziness. have u had ur eye sight checked recently could also be that.

hope this puts ur mind at rest a bit Jo xxxx

I wonder if the effect of things coming towards you has more to do with tiredness. I've not suffered with that although I do sometimes get coloured lights and even dead spots where I can't really focus at all. Could also be eyestrain of course. Staring at a fixed distance, like at a computer screen for a while, can have odd effects including watery eyes. I also get migraines and really should get a new prescription for my glasses. Sometimes it's just our body's way of saying, "Hey take break".

Any of that have any similarities to you Beki?

"I am a part of all that I have met;
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."

- Tennyson

For Those Who Shop Online, you can support No More Panic very easily. Read more here and here. If No More Panic has helped you, consider making a donation.

its like if i stare at the screen for too long or a book or magazine i suddendly go woah its seems to move ever so slightly .had eyes tested about six months ago and everything was fine but might check in againt o see but haves. also seen a nurolgist who checked my eyes...scares me!!! feel so dizzy!!!

What was the nurolgist's opinion Beki?

One other thing this brings to mind is an inner-ear infection called Labyrinthitis that I had years ago. I had to struggle to balance and it made me feel 'spaced out'. Some of the symptoms can include:

• Shifting of objects - can be subtle or severe - for example: when turning a corner or looking down, the environment or objects can significantly move.

• Can often visibly see the ground “breathing” – moving slightly.

- source: http://www.labyrinthitis.org.uk/page3.htm

Here's an NHS Direct as well.

Even if it's not that exactly, it might still be something to do with the inner ear. Of course it could also be, 'just one of those things'. A little odd but nothing to be concerned about health wise.

Can you remember when this started, is it only a recent thing?

"I am a part of all that I have met;
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."

- Tennyson

For Those Who Shop Online, you can support No More Panic very easily. Read more here and here. If No More Panic has helped you, consider making a donation.

t happenend last year after i had a viral infection/car crash/allergic reaction... its on and off but feel pretty horrible last few days have been bad and it drives me slightly crazy. the nuro guy said that i was ok he did all the tests looked in my eyes and my ears and did all the reflexes that would say if there was a chance i had a brain tumour!!! which i dont think i have. did think dont anymore. arghh maybe it is just anxiety??!!!

Thread Information