Thread: I feel so helpless

I feel so helpless

I really do feel helpless, if it's not one anxiety it's another. My brain just won't leave itself alone.

After my ENT appointment yesterday I felt deflated and now I'm starting to worry about the upcoming ultrasound and I feel like I'm letting myself and everyone down, even the people here on this forum by worrying again after all the words of advice they have given me.

I don't get tired of my worrying, but people do!

I don't think even a therapist can help me and the chances of me being able to get that kind of help is slim, I sent forms off months ago and still no reply.

I feel horrid. I feel like I will fail my exams again from all this panic, and let my parents down once more. I've already let myself down anyway.

Just horrid.

Re: I feel so helpless

Aw Mav
    My heads driving me crazy just now too:( . Don't worry about letting people down, certainly not us here- we're all here to support each other. I feel that way too that nobody can help but I had an appointment with a mental health nurse today & she was adamant that things can improve with the right support & meds. Please try to talk to your GP to see what they can do to help, they should be able to arrange support to help you work through your anxieties. You have alot on your mind but try to look after you, you are important & you can get better. xx

I fought medication for a long time. But after a meltdown in February I knew I had to do something. I stuck with Zoloft for 20 days and I just couldn't handle the side effects. The good news? My brain calmed down and I have no more anxiety. So I'm going to work on staying focused and concentrate on only what is in front of me. It's going to take some work but I'm willing to do that. It's better then being a zombie. I know medication works for some, so I would suggest talking to your doctor and together figure out works best for you.

Absolutely talk to your GP and ask for a referral to the mental health team. Waiting lists can be long (depending on where you live) but if you've not heard anything after so long, I'm sure something's got lost somewhere.

Things can always change with the right support! (and meds if necessary)

If you are having problems suggest you contact your local mind office or visit www.mind.org.uk Good luck

Thread Information