Thread: Early period?

Early period?

So after my last period came a week late & was really odd - light with intermittent gushes of blood I’ve now noticed spotting today. I’m only D19 of my cycle. I have some low back pain & pelvic pain today & have been very tearful again the last few days so it could be my period about to arrive.
    Google tells me stress can cause complete havoc with periods but it would be good to hear some first hand experiences while I try not to freak out.
    Smear is up to date & normal. I had a pelvic exam by a gynaecologist a few weeks ago which was normal so it’s unlikely to be another other than stress right??

Re: Early period?

Yes, stress can affect our periods for sure! It's very normal for our periods to change every now and then, especially since you just had an examination a few weeks ago I'm sure she would have known if something was amiss

I'm also currently wondering if i would get my period or not since I seem to be missing my usual PMS symptoms, like sore boobs and body aches. Not that I want them, but it's this stupid HA... I read that little things like a change in activity, level of stress, food, etc can affect PMS symptoms, so it surely can affect your period coming on earlier/later than usual. Or is it possible that you're close to ovulating? I think those things you mentioned could happen during ovulation.

Thread Information