Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Back on Citalopram: side effects?

Back on Citalopram: side effects?

Hi all

Sadly I am back on the citalopram as my GAD is through the roof. I have been on them 4 days (20mg, which I take mid-afternoon) and cannot remember if what I am experiencing are side effects...and it's making my anxiety worse. Are any of these experienced by any of you when it comes to side effects:

- very jittery / nervous when waking in the morning
    - loss of appetite
    - lightheadedness
    - jolts (when drifting off to sleep) and twitches
    - nausea
    - tearful

Cheers
    Ghosty
    Last edited by ghosty123; 11-04-18 at 09:13.

Re: Back on Citalopram: side effects?

they all sound like side effects to me - hang on in there they do go away and you will start feeling better soon enough.

1st week [I took it before bed time]
    - Loss of appetite/motivation
    - Jolts/twitches when drifting off to sleep
    - Pins/needles feeling in my arms/legs in combination with night sweats
    - Nausea/light headed the few times I woke up during the middle of the night
    - Insomnia

Thanks for the replies folks...appreciate it.

6th day today and hate the waking up feeling nervous and jittery.
    Also can't shake this weak arm sensation (although that's more down to anxiety I should imagine, as I seem to remember having it before)...driving me mad. Trying not to 'notice' it, but find myself paying attention to it.

��

Ghosty

Just had a mini panic attack. Feels like I'm back to square one again..
    Last edited by ghosty123; 12-04-18 at 15:43.

If your feeling good while on celexa. Your feeling good because of celexa ...duh.i never understand why folks come off only to go back on..

Where did you get that info from? Been stuck...if you need the tablets so be it..ain't no difference then diabetes meds..or high blood pressure meds..after reading urbanmark comments all the way from a decade ago ..gives no one hope...read it ..and you'll see what I'm talking about...good luck

---------- Post added at 08:32 ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 ----------

And yes I will be on my celexa the rest of life..

Not on this one ..but scroll down a few conversations and you will see...

How are we going to learn if we don't read other people's experiences on this forum... everyone's post on here is relavant ..in all conversations...if it was really mind over matter..you don't need celexa...

the symptoms you describe are exactly what I would expect from this medication.

In my experience I’ve always had most of the side effects before feeling better. Headaches, nausea, confusion, tearfulness, and all the other side effects have always plagued me for 6-8 weeks before I get a new lease of life and feel great. Those weeks though, seem never ending BUT the end result is worth it.

Currently I’m reducing down from 30 mg and would,like to get down to 20 mg for a while. I’m breaking a 10 mg tablet in half and I would advise anyone to increase or decrease this medicine in 5 mg intervals. Do this for at least a month before changing the dose again. I did this when I weaned off the medication years ago. I suffered very few effects reducing in this way.

Don’t be your body’s worst enemy. Do what works for you and do it gradually. I was unfortunate enough to have so many bad side effects when increasing medication but managed to keep my eye on the light at the end of the tunnel.

Good luck, keep strong and stick with it. Better days are too come.

I have had alot of side effects on this and amitryptyline. I didnt realise until after 2.5 years of being on them, and ended up seeing a neurologist, had ct and mri scans to be told i have hemiplegic migraines. These mimic stroke symptoms and are temperory. It wasnt until my manager at work said she was concerned as am acting out of it, that alerted me. I spoke to a doctor and she said this is what happens when you take these meds. That was last December from then I took myself off the coctail of drugs, plus tapered off 10mg of citalorapram and have almost completed my taper off amitryptyline. Am in bed now with withdrawal symptoms including being medicated for high blood pressure which happens with each taper. I have gone from losing my life as I knew it, including my friends and partner and nearly my job, as was a complete zombie, to rebuilding my life with new friends etc. My message, is please be careful on brain meds, speak to doctor and get as much information as you can. Monitor and log any side effects and question these.

---------- Post added at 12:04 ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 ----------

I want to add that within a week of reducing citalorapram alot of my nuero symptoms started to disappear, also tapering off amitryptyline do not know which med causes what at the moment. All I know is I am getting my life back.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information