Thread: Horrible coughing and mucus every morning :(

Horrible coughing and mucus every morning :(

Every morning when I wake up I have a horrible coughing fit, and have now started getting up earlier so that I can get it out of the way and still have time to get ready to go to work :(

I have really bad post nasal drip too, and generally I don't feel any more human till mid-morning at the earliest.

My GP reckons it's all reflux-related, but I've doubled my reflux meds recently and it hasn't made a difference! :(

Has anyone else had this? It's really starting to freak me out :-/ Especially with the local billboard ads saying that a persistent cough could be a sign of lung cancer, and this has been going on for months...

Re: Horrible coughing and mucus every morning :(

Hello Emily

My husband is still like this following a fairly minor cold he had on Christmas Day, have you been poorly at all in the last couple of months?

Btw I had some similar problems, but I was crackly in one lung. My GP suggested a chest X-ray, he just gave me a referral card and I went straight to our local hospital and had it done after about an hours wait. The results took a week which was anxiety making but came back clear, I now think mine is due to reflux.

Hope that helps.
    Cx

Hi,

Yep, have had a bit of a cold - just seems odd that it's lasted so long :-/

Your story's definitely reassuring too! I had a chest X-ray last year and it was all ok, hopefully it's the reflux...guess I can always ask if it's worth having my dosage increased, am on 49mg and think that's quite low?

Em x

The after affects of a cold can be long lasting. I have sinus trouble and it is starting to drip down my throat during the night so I am waking up with a sore throat which takes until lunchtime to feel better.

I had the flu for a week, three weeks ago and I am still feeling the effects! it is slowly getting better but it sounds like someone has ripped out my vocal chords when I wake up, just something that will pass with time, you have to be patient and it'll go in no time.

Annie I feel your pain! I have PND caused by reflux and it's horrible :(

Because of how things are at the moment generally (mainly caused by work) my anxiety's really bad at the moment and even the smallest things are making my HA play up..fingers crossed for some good news about a new job tomorrow that may make things better...

Thread Information