Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Blood in urine .... no infection

Re: Blood in urine .... no infection

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    I was going to comment, but I decided not to. I don't want to scare you. I have experience with this, but it's probably not what you want to hear. If you want to know my experience let me know x
    You had no consideration for the OP when you made that post. You also showed no consideration for anyone else who might be reading this thread with similar concerns. You can make all the sarcastic retorts that you want but it doesn't change the fact that you were in the wrong. Saying things like "I don't want to scare you" and "it isn't what you want to hear" to someone who has said they are scared is completely unhelpful. If anyone should stay out of threads on here it is you. You clearly don't understand health anxiety.

Quote Originally Posted by swajj View Post
    You had no consideration for the OP when you made that post. You also showed no consideration for anyone else who might be reading this thread with similar concerns. You can make all the sarcastic retorts that you want but it doesn't change the fact that you were in the wrong. Saying things like "I don't want to scare you" and "it isn't what you want to hear" to someone who has said they are scared is completely unhelpful. If anyone should stay out of threads on here it is you. You clearly don't understand health anxiety.
    Funny how the OP PM'ed me to ask me to share my advice. You're both wrong and you've both sabotaged this thread because you let your personal feelings get in the way.

I've had health anxiety for over 15 years. I understand health anxiety very well thank you very much. You can't expect someone to censor information that is freely available on Google.

FWIW my Dad passed away in January this year from stage 4 bladder Cancer. He fought the battle, and lost. I have experience with BC.

I've also had testicle Cancer myself. You have no idea about my health anxiety or what I've been through so please stop speculating. I will remain on these forums, and continue to offer my advice where I can. I will not be dictated to about what I can and can't write on a public forum. I broke no rules. I caused no harm. Non of my posts have ever been questioned (except this one). Stop your witch hunt, it's not working. I would never take advice from people who think it's wrong to be honest and share information.

@OP I responded to your PM If you need any advice or information please don't hesitate to contact me anytime. I will always respond x
    Last edited by WiredIncorrectly; 09-05-17 at 17:14.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    Funny how the OP PM'ed me to ask me to share my advice. You're both wrong and you've both sabotaged this thread because you let your personal feelings get in the way.

I've had health anxiety for over 15 years. I understand health anxiety very well thank you very much. You can't expect someone to censor information that is freely available on Google.

FWIW my Dad passed away in January this year from stage 4 bladder Cancer. He fought the battle, and lost. I have experience with BC.

I've also had testicle Cancer myself. You have no idea about my health anxiety or what I've been through so please stop speculating. I will remain on these forums, and continue to offer my advice where I can. I will not be dictated to about what I can and can't write on a public forum. I broke no rules. I caused no harm. Non of my posts have ever been questioned (except this one). Stop your witch hunt, it's not working. I would never take advice from people who think it's wrong to be honest and share information.

@OP I responded to your PM If you need any advice or information please don't hesitate to contact me anytime. I will always respond x
    The OP also PM'd me to thank me for confronting you and confirmed that you had indeed scared the life out of them.

Go you.

Oh, and I knew the OP would indeed seek your story, because that's what anxiety does. It looks for something to feed off, so a big congrats to you for providing a story that further terrified an already scared person and fed their anxiety further. I'm sure your story has set the OP back quite a way.

Yipee.
    Last edited by Gary A; 09-05-17 at 17:32.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    The OP also PM'd me to thank me for confronting you and confirmed that you had indeed scared the life out of them.

Go you.

Oh, and I knew the OP would indeed seek your story, because that's what anxiety does. It looks for something to feed off, so a big congrats to you for providing a story that further terrified an already scared person and fed their anxiety further. I'm sure your story has set the OP back quite a way.

Yipee.
    4 years ago I was sitting on an anxiety forum and I posted "Testicle feels hard, what could it be?".

Most said "Oh it's nothing. It's just your anxiety". Some suggested "It could be a cancer you best get it checked out with your doc". One guy had already experienced testicle cancer and told me to schedule an appointment with my doctor.

I promptly did that.

Was I scared? Of course I was. I was bricking it. But, I thank that guy because he potentially saved my life. Most told me to ignore it. Not him. I didn't find his advice offensive at all. Sure it scared me, but I was well aware that testicle cancer was a possibility and I needed to take this seriously.

It turns out I had stage 1 testicle cancer. Pure seminoma. Within a week from my post on the forum I was in for an operation and preparing to start treatment.

You may feel the information is irrelevant. I don't. Will you change my view? Not a chance. I believe speaking openly and honestly about issues is the best way forward.

It could be nothing. But blood in urine with no infection present is no laughing matter and one should take it seriously with the doctor.

@OP is doing the correct thing by going for follow up tests, and with any luck it's nothing. But I'm not going to hide information from someone that could be potentially valuable. I'm a helper on the macmillan forums ... I've done so for many years. However scared someone might be if they ask for information we provide it. The majority of people who ask questions on the macmillan forums don't have Cancer ... they're just very concerned ... like the OP.

Forgive me if you don't agree with the information I provide. We're very different. But you're not going to change my view, or how I do things.

There's a member on here (I will mention no names) who has had multiple heart attacks (he's a great guy too btw). He openly talks about it with others who have health concerns relating to their heart. Don't see you bashing him. I'm done with this thread.

Wish you all the best @OP x
    Last edited by WiredIncorrectly; 09-05-17 at 18:47.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Nobody said the OP shouldn't go for tests or seek advice from their doctor, so why you're kicking at those goalposts is anyone's guess.

The point is, this person is already concerned enough to go for tests, but you added to it. Why? You openly offered a health anxiety sufferer a story that would 100% scare them. Even after I've informed you that you terrified the OP you still seem bizarrely proud of yourself for doing so.

Macmillan is a cancer forum, this is not. I have deepest sympathy for you and your health concerns but I have to say, that does not give you free reign to terrify already scared people further without being challenged on it.

Frankly, I find your arrogance surrounding this rather nauseating.

As for the guy who has suffered multiple heart attacks, he tells those stories in order to assure people that they are not suffering what he did. You offered your story in full awareness that it would scare the OP, and you were clearly intent on convincing the OP that they may well be suffering the absolute worst.

That is utterly shameful, and you actually seem proud of yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    Frankly, I find your arrogance surrounding this rather nauseating.
    I don't know you from Adam. You popped onto a thread I posted on and attempted to belittle me because our opinions differ. I think if anyone should be ashamed of their actions it's you.

You don't like me. I get that. Move on. There's more to life than a petty indifference on a forum. Give the "zero f**ks" philosophy a shot: https://markmanson.net/not-giving-a-****

---------- Post added at 20:58 ---------- Previous post was at 19:31 ----------

I apologize. I've had chance to read back my reaction, and I reached out to to @Gary A to apologize. He's a good guy. His response helped me understand I was wrong.

I try to help others and sometimes I over step the mark without realising. I mean no harm or malice. I see this forum as my friends in my time of need.

@OP honestly, you'll be fine. I shared my experience ... but my experience doesn't mean that's what is wrong with you. You will be fine I'm sure of it!

<3 to all.
    Last edited by WiredIncorrectly; 09-05-17 at 19:39.

☪️️

It was a frightening reply. It made my stomach lunge just from reading it because I, the op and the many, many people who search for and read the thread have health anxiety. I'm sorry you have personal experience with that, that's awful. Glad you are healthy yourself now, too.

Op (and anyone reading this after searching for 'blood in urine', it's actually common to have trace blood and it be nothing at all. My doctor told me it's not even considered a concern without other things also present and that everyone will have that at some point.
    Visible blood in the urine, I've also had. Mine was so much my wee was all pink. Turns out, I had a kidney stone. Not fun, but not life threatening. There's also other things that can cause it, such as ic. I had it once as a teenager, way before my kidney stone, and it was put down to extreme stress. I couldn't stop weeing and it caused irritation.

Anyway, hope that makes you feel a little better.

I have had exactly this. Several times over a period of years.
    Was most recently referred to a urologist and sat in his office sobbing, convinced I had cancer!
    Anyway, he did a camera in my bladder under general and all perfectly normal! Sometimes they just have to rule things out.
    The urologist said lots of people have blood in their urine and it turns out to be absolutely nothing xxxxxxxxxxx

I've had unexplained blood in my urine twice. The first time was 15 years ago. The last time was last summer. Both times I had blood tests, a Ct scan, cytology, and a bladder scope. Nothing was found either time. The doctor said it could have been a virus. Or, sometimes our kidneys are just leaky.

Hi everyone
    I just want to say a massive thank you for your support ,
    Honestly you're amazing and although I haven't been on here for some time I always feel like you make me feel welcome ......
    I have had to have the sample sent off to the lab ....
    I've been contacting the doctors reception every day to try and get my results but they're still not back yet .....
    They said to call back tomorrow....
    I'm absolutely pooping myself , I'm not going to lie ...
    Me and my husband have just got back together after a year of being apart and imjust afraid im going to die
    But I really appreciate the kind people onhere

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information