Thread: good Day followed by not so good day

good Day followed by not so good day

So yesterday I decided I needed to push myself to start to go out again.
    I’ve a flu/cough for over a week and not done anything that I really didn’t need to or been out.
    I Was a bit apprehensive but Partner was coming with me.
    I felt fine once out, even managed a coffee( bit scary moment there) but did it
    Even went to another shop after.

Came back and prepared Sunday lunch( not been eating properly recently) roast and Yorkshire
    So was happy that I was even contemplating doing or eating it.
    No problem and even enjoyed it so much.
    Only to start having grumbling stomach half an hour later diarrhoea
    Anyway got over that shock and chilled .

Adult son was ill in the night, very hot, headache but feeling cold inside.
    Sorted it, back to bed.

Today felt flat, no enthusiasm. I made myself eat sandwich for lunch and thought to myself right come on do something
    Weather was crap, pouring down with rain so no walking.
    Got stuck into the ironing and did it all.

I just feel I’ve steadily been going down since 3 pm. So much so that I can’t bring myself to eat tea, like anxiety is rising and the dreaded negative thoughts are harder to push away.
    Diazepam is on the arm of the chair ready

Would just like some insight on how other deal with. Up day and next day day.??
    So fed up 1 step forward 2 steps back

Re: good Day followed by not so good day

Sounds like you are making progress. Well done!!

It is 1 step forward 2 steps back. But sometimes you take leaps forward and don't even notice them. Then you look back over the past few months and get surprised about how far you've come. You will get to a day like that, soon.

Sounds like you're a great cook! I'd love someone to cook me a sunday roast!! And to do my ironing haha!

Do you have a method of self-expression when it comes to the actual negative thoughts? Sometimes, writing/drawing/talking or anything else expressive can uncover more insight into the root of the problems. Writing on here is great, but you can also write just for your eyes only, which may help you delve deeper.

Distracting yourself and making more happy experiences is good for managing emotions, but I believe those negative feelings won't go away unless you properly examine them, find the root, and change something to solve the real problem.

How's your son?

Hi lior
    I write how I feel in a journal, but sometimes get stuck with the words how to describe it ?
    Or I don’t even know how I feel, I tend to say flat fed up

Son still had slight high temp this morning and headache, went to sleep this afternoon
    He’s ate some pasta and headache as gone still hot and lay on top of bed now
    Giving paracetamol and told him to drink plenty water
    meningitis was on my mind

Thank you for asking x

Hi Clio51,

I agree with Lior, writing is good and helps.

sometimes when I write in my journal, when I dont know what to write, I just write I'm undecided how I feel today.

it is good keeping a personal journal, helps when we feel down to look back at the good times we had, sort of cheers one up.

today was part of a good day I took my laptop to my friends to get fixed, the came home, certain things went pair shaped my day became a down day. hey, do my best not to let my day pull me down. because coming on to no more panic, helps when I can share with you, and see that you are doing really well, more better than you think.

you sound like a good cook. kool.

you will get there, taking one step at a time.

Perhaps you're trying too hard to fill your days? To the point where you fret if you start winding down and losing energy by mid-afternoon. The thing is that most people do start to lose energy towards the end of the day whether they are anxiety sufferers or not...hence the need for the quick fix sweet snacks etc.

But with anxiety, sufferers find the energy dips are more extreme because anxiety depletes our nervous system so much and this produces so many physical symptoms. Everybody has good days and bad days, that's entirely normal, so being anxious about the bad days only makes things worse.

The mistake we make is expecting recovery to mean 100% good days but that's not realistic because anxiety and stress and panic are a natural part of EVERYBODY 's life. When we accept that we can stop adding to it by worrying about it.

Tomorrow's another day....I hope it's a good one

Cath S x
    Last edited by Catherine S; 28-11-17 at 01:31.

Thanks everyone for your advice
    We do over think things, and are nearly if not mostly watching our thinking/physical symptoms. It happens automatically most days without us being aware, we just not all is not good with us.

Your right I do tend to try to fill my days with something or other, as sitting there makes my mind wonder onto the way I’m feeling so doing something distract me sometimes not always.
    It’s true everyone as good/bad days, it’s just we expect to stay there with the good(when we can manage things) and come crashing panicking when we don’t feel it. I’d settle for not thinking I’ve got to do something and go with the flow for now. Oh and able to eat regular, to feel I want it 😀rather than really struggling each mouthful
    I live with partner who is very optimistic and is a great believer in getting on with it. So good in one way , hard in another

One step at a time x

I struggle to articulate how I feel too. But, even professional writers struggle with that! The joy is in the trying - in the journey.

Doing an act like writing - it's not about the words you use. It's about the process of noticing what's going on, and having a go at expressing it. Through the act of expressing it, you understand what's going on better. You try expressing it one way, and then another - and through doing that, you find what fits better.

Thread Information