Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Increased anxiety with upping dosage

Re: Increased anxiety with upping dosage

Quote Originally Posted by ana View Post
    Wow, I'm on 187,5 MG!
    My therapist did mention the over-stimulation of a chemical (I can't name ), so I suppose that's what's happening to you. I'm seeing my therapist on Tuesday, so I'll let you know. I think you'll be just fine, you know. It's a low dosage you're on, and don't listen to horror stories!
    Aren't you on Ven though? The adrenaline threshold for that is 150mg and the minimum therapeutic dose is 75mg.

---------- Post added at 02:40 ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ethansmom View Post
    Yes, I spoke with the doctor last night and she is lowering the dose- going from 50MG to 25 mg. I cannot handle being so anxious and having so much energy. Today is my first day taking the 25, and I already feel tired. I'm hoping I won't feel too many withdrawl symptoms. I've read too many horror stories. I should just see how my body reacts. I do have Klonopin and Xanax, in case I need it during the lowering of my dosage. For me, I just could not handle the 50MG. Let's see how the 25MG pans out. I'm sure my brain is going to either be happy with my lowering the dose, or totally out of wack by doing this. It's not like i'm stopping completely, so we'll see. Keep me posted on your progress!
    If the side effects aren't going and it's just to activating then my gut feeling is a reduction won't so much mean a withdrawal but more a way to reduce the over stimulating effect.

So, it's quite possible you will feel better for it and I believe that's what your doctor is trying to do.

I would have to check in the adrenaline threshold for your med though as it's not used much over here so I know less about how it works.

I am on Ven, Terry, yes.
    *wonders if she's replied to a thread about a med she's not on*

Quote Originally Posted by ana View Post
    I am on Ven, Terry, yes.
    *wonders if she's replied to a thread about a med she's not on*
    I thought so.

Ethansmom is on Pristiq according to this thread:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=212694

That's what confused me as I thought these threads had been merged until I just checked and found the other one still there. That's where I noticed the drug name.

Different dosing to Ven so the adrenaline threshold will differ. So, I wouldn't worry you are on a lot more, it's just that Ven needs more mg to reach the adrenaline sensitivity (like how Duloxetine dosing is much lower). But I do agree with what you were advising Ethansmom.
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 13-01-18 at 12:01.

Thank you, Terry. I guess I must have missed the thread in which Ethansmom mentions the medication she's on. I'll have another chat with my therapist about Ven anyway. Seeing her in a few days' time...

Hi Guys,
    Yes, I'm on desvenlafaxine (pristiq). The 50MG was driving me insane! I couldn't handle to norephenedrine (or whatever it's called). I have dropped back down to 25MG (which apparently is not the recommended therapeutic dose (50 is). My doctor just thought we'd give it a shot since I am so sensitive to all meds.

I'm so bummed that I ever started the klonopin. I really want to get off of that, but right now it's hard for me to see any light at the end of the tunnel. What if I can never get off them and they ruin my liver?? ugh, do you see my constant daily anxiety thinking? I can't just remain positive. I think if the 25 MG doesn't stabilize me, i'll have to try something else. Do any of you know anything regarding proproanolol? My doctor prescribed it once. It calmed me a bit, however I was getting terrible tension headaches from it (or at least I think it was from it). I only gave it 9 days. I think I will book an early appointment which my psychiatrist to do a med review. I have tried pristiq, Effexor (Immediate release)-- gave me heart palpitations, Prozac- too stimulating and could never sleep on it - gave me heart palps in the beginning, lexepro (didn't work), celexa- didn't work, nortriptyline- was added to another med, but made me irritable and was just plain scared to add on another med, so gave up. I'm not sure what other "safe" options I have. Oh yeah, and I've also tried Gabapentin which also made me anxious. What next? Maybe meds aren't for me?

I wake up everyday with an anxious stomach so I run to my Klonopin to feel better. I want off of that stuff, but I have a family to take care of, so I'm sort of stuck at this point. Don't know what other med to take?

Also, I went for a run yesterday for about a half hour. An hour later I got a few skipped beats, which set me off. I have been listening to Dr. Claire weeks about accepting your symptoms as anxiety and to float through them. Easier said that done. She swears it's the cure.

Feeling so down today.

I'm sorry you're feeling down. :(

If it makes you feel any better, today is my first day back at work and I'm absolutely terrified. I'm going to take a klonopin to help me through the day. Speaking of, klonopin isn't going to destroy your liver. I've been on it, on and off, for 17 years now. I was on Rivotril every day for 9 years, too, and I've had ultrasounds of my liver, which is doing peachy.

I've heard of this Dr Claire person, but I've never been able to accept my anxiety. Even as I let it happen, it's just as bad as when I resist it. I'm very puzzled.

Thank you, Anna. You are so kind so respond to me and for trying to make me feel like better :-) I hope the Klonopin help diminish your anxiety today. I really do. Sometimes benzos can be of great help. Have a good day today, and let me know how your first day back at work went.
    sara

Sara, thank YOU for being so kind to me.
    I am really proud of myself for how well I did! A klonopin was taken, but not only did I go to work with minimal anxiety, but I also decided to go on a walk in the evening, as well as going to a few shops. I feel so good and proud of myself. I'm going to make sure to remember this day and how well my days can go.

Please, do the same for yourself - just stay focused on the good days, on how much/well you can do. Think about all the times you were afraid to do something, had worst case scenarios in your head...only to have them not come true at all!

so now i'm on cymbalta (duloxetine). Started on 20MG for two weeks, now on 30MG and i feel the increase in anxiety. I can't wait to go home, have some tea and sit by the fireplace. It's going to be hard getting through the work day :(

I'm sure you'll feel better once your body has got used to the new dosage. Give it a few more weeks. I hope you're relaxing with some tea and are feeling calm and looking forward to the weekend.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information