Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Anxiety spiraling out of control-nipple discharge?

Exclamation Anxiety spiraling out of control-nipple discharge?

Hello all,

This is kind of embarrassing, but my anxiety is spiraling out of control right now due to a stain I noticed on one cup of my bra. It’s really two stains that are close to each other and at the spot where my nipple would touch the bra material.

It reminds me of the time when my daughter was just born and I had the random breast milk spots on my clothes. The problem is that I’m not pregnant right now. I’m also not on any hormones.

I am on an antibiotic and prednisone for a sinus infection.

The stains could have been there before and I just may not have noticed, so I don’t know when or if nipple discharge occurred.

Of course, my brain jumps to breast cancer.

I felt like I was doing so well with my anxiety and then this hit me like a ton of bricks.

I’m so tired of going to the doctors and them looking at me like I’m crazy.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Re: Anxiety spiraling out of control-nipple discharge?

If you don't feel tender, I'm sure you're okay! the stains could be anything. my bras are covered in sweat stains everywhere! and even if it was nipple discharge, it is not abnormal to have that from time to time, especially as we get older. not that i know how old you are, but still, it can happen to anyone!

Re: Anxiety spiraling out of control-nipple discharge?

I always seem to have random pains in my breast, but that’s been going on for a while. It goes back and forth. That may be anxiety though.

Thank you for responding.

If I see more, I guess I’ll just talk to my doctor.

I’m so scared that I can’t sleep- fear of breast cancer.

It’s a little after 3am here and I can’t sleep.

I had posted earlier about having some stains on my bra on one side, which I attributed to nipple discharge. Well, I was scared then, but I was trying not to fall into a full panic attack. I had recently taken prednisone and I thought that had something to do with it. I planned to bring it up at my next appointment, which would be the next month.

Well, now (maybe a few weeks later, but I can’t remember), I seem to be having more discharge. I’m noticing more stains on my bra in the same area on that on side. It looks like a stain from a drop of water with maybe a little bit of dried whiteness around the edges, so I would said it’s clear to white discharge.

It appears to be spontaneous, unless it’s just from something accidentally rubbing against me, like when I pick up my toddler from the ground.

I’ve had pain in both breasts for years now, but it usually seems to be around ovulation or my period and it’s not consistent.

Of course, I went to Dr. Google and diagnosed myself with breast cancer and it very well may be that.

I know that you are all going to say that you’re not medical professionals and I get that. I’m just scared. I’m really scared.

My appointment is still scheduled for March 20, but I’m going to try to get in sooner.

I would really just appreciate some encouragement. I’m just so scared.

More info: I’m 29 years old and I don’t know of any history of breast cancer in my family.
    Last edited by meant2live; 25-02-18 at 08:24. Reason: More info

Re: I’m so scared that I can’t sleep- fear of breast cancer.

Did you breastfeed? How old is your toddler.

I never examine my bra for any kind of discharge, what made you do this?

I’m so sorry you’re scared. Is your appointment with a GP?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was going to also ask how long has it been since you've breastfed, if you have. After I stopped I still had milk I could squeeze out for like 2 years or more.

Hiyer,

I'm sorry you are so scared. I can see why, as all the information you read screams 'discharge' as one of the bc symptoms, particularly if it happens in one breast.

However, at 29 years old you know from your own research (I hope! Not that I think you should be researching) that statistically the chances are low. Also, there are multiple benign reasons for breast discharge. I'm a very active user on a breast cancer forum, and we've had women posting with pain and discharge, and there often many reasons why they discover this happens e.g. hormonal conditions, mastitis, fybrocistic breasts, but there are many others. You don't mention here if you've already seen a primary doctor? I am presuming you have as you have a referral to the breast clinic? (sorry I am UK, so not entirely au fait with how a breast clinic referral would be made there)

In the UK if a form of BC is suspected by a GP, then referral takes place within 14 days. However, I can see that you are having to wait possibly a month for your appointment - is that because a GP doesn't think it is an urgent referral?

I'm happy to talk with you further about this, but I'll give you a chance to reply to the questions above first
    Last edited by Carys; 25-02-18 at 17:27.

Hello all.

Thank you so much for your replies.

I wasn’t able to breast feed because my daughter wouldn’t latch and she had low blood sugar and jaundice. We tried many times in the hospital and it just got to the point when she just needed to have the nutrients without me.

My appointment on March 20 is with my GP. It’s just a routine check up so I was wondering if I should wait until then to tell him or get in to see him sooner.

I don’t normally check my bra either, but the stains were noticeable. They kind of jumped out at me.

Well, to be honest, I think this is going to really play on your mind (even if it ends if being nothing at all) and make the next few weeks unbearably hard. Yes, I would try and see them earlier just for peace of mind, and to check if there is anything that needs treatment (infection)and to see if they want to take blood hormone levels or something.

I breastfed for 2 days, woweeeee great stuff ey,I couldn't continue either.

Carys,

You’re right. I’ll call on Monday and see if I can get in any sooner.

Yeah, I really wanted to try breast feeding, but I wasn’t going to be in denial about it when she wouldn’t latch. She had to get the nutrients into her to lower her bilirubin levels and to bring up her blood sugar. She was 5 weeks early.

I admire those that can breast feed, but I cant stand the shaming that occurs when a woman can’t.

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information