Thread: Smear Result

Smear Result

i

I’ve been suffering from really bad health anxiety for the last 2 months. I had a smear booked in March and then convinced myself something was wrong so I put it off as I just couldn’t face it. I thought they were going to tell me I had cervical cancer there and then! Anyway I booked another after my partner pestering me that I should go and I plucked up the courage to go last Tuesday. The waiting has been awful. It’s a week today and still haven’t heard anything. I know they say 2-3 weeks but does anyone know if they send results out quicker if they are abnormal? Or does it not make any difference? I’ve been literally stalking the postman every morning. I just know if my results are normal this HA may subside a bit.

My sister in law had a bad result 6 months ago. Had her smear on the Thursday, she was called by the hospital on the Friday and biopsy on the following Monday. I don’t know if this is standard procedure. Thankfully she’s absolutely fine now.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Re: Smear Result

Don't worry you will be fine, I get myself in a state waiting for results, I'm sure they rush them if something's wrong xxxx

How long ago was your last smear? I take comfort in knowing that cervical cancer takes 10-15 years to develop after the first cervical cells begin to change. So if you’ve had a smear in the last ten years, you shouldn’t have anything worse than dyskariosis on your test result...and that’s easily treated!

You will be fine, you have done the right thing having your smear, I know how hard it is waiting for the results, but once they are through, you will feel such relief, I know I've been there, your results will be fine.

Herbie xxxxx

Thread Information