Thread: cits and councelling...please help me xxxx

cits and councelling...please help me xxxx

i am feeling oh so despondent (is that how its spelt).

as you, my friends know i have been on cits 20mg since 9th july - i am having some family probs..daughter moving to a new school and very very unhappy and this is adding to high anxiety/panic - she is 13....and i feel her pain.

i think i need to ask my gp to up my dose....to maybe 30mg...to see how it goes....but obviously i am scared and frightenend.

i also have an assessment with a counsellor tomorrow....but in the letter this it said its not an indication that counselling will start....that has overwhelmed me as well....i am oh so scared that they will not offer me this lifeline.

can i have some reassurance for people who have upped dose from 20mg to 30mg and felt better....i know everyone is so different.

thank you oh so much.....i just want to wake up and not have such fear!

lots of love tracey xxxxx

Re: cits and councelling...please help me xxxx

hi tracey

i would think that what you are feeling is totally normal considering your problems and the answer lies more accpeting that this is how you feel at present and trying not to add any more fear/panic on top and focusing on finding solutions to your problems. the reason i say this is that i know that meds do not always help when our anxiety is a direct result of problems and this is because it is natural to feel stressed out when difficult things are happening to us. my next door neighbour lost her dog, split up with her boyfriend, was caring for her baby on her own and having horrendous family problems and she felt the same way - she started on 20mg ssri and her gp wanted to upp her dose and she decided to actually not go down the medication route.

i am not sure why you are frightened of upping the dose? it will probably take a few weeks of increase to see if you benefit from it and lots of people on here have felt better from increasing their dose so i know i am stating the obvious but you won;t know until you try! and so a chat with the doctor wouldn;t hurt. I also cannot imagine you would be turned down for counselling - i am sure the assessment will be to prioritise people who are on the waiting list as well as yourself.

it may be that you have had anxiety problems before and would benefit from medication but if you can trace the start of your anxiety to these problems then your anxiety will lessen naturally as the problems start to be resolved. it must be awful for you and your daughter re the bullying (i was bullied myself at school) but one day - this will be a distant memory so try to look forward. x

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii thank you oh so much for your reply xxxxx

you have summed it up perfectly....its because everything came at once and it has blown some wires in my mind .....hopefully when everything calms down then so will i.....i am going to see my gp though and see if i can up the dose....the morning scenario is so awful as you can imagine.

i did get into the counsellor yahhhhhhh xxxxx

i do hope you are ok - and i so appreciate your reply and what you have said....thank you xxxxx

Quote Originally Posted by calm View Post
    hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii thank you oh so much for your reply xxxxx

you have summed it up perfectly....its because everything came at once and it has blown some wires in my mind .....hopefully when everything calms down then so will i.....i am going to see my gp though and see if i can up the dose....the morning scenario is so awful as you can imagine.

i did get into the counsellor yahhhhhhh xxxxx

i do hope you are ok - and i so appreciate your reply and what you have said....thank you xxxxx

Hey you, replied to your PM before I saw this thread.

Make sure you let us know how you got on at the GP. So glad you got into the counselling, I have only had 2 sessions so far, but they have been so helpful so far and I know she is going to really help me. xxxx

thank you so much xxxx i have sent you a pm xxxxx

Thread Information