Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Muscle twitching

Muscle twitching

Hi for the last year, a day has not gone by that I havnt spent all if not a good part of the day worrying about my health/convinced i'm dying. So about 2 months ago while on holiday (was still stressed) My right bicep twitched on and off pretty much all week, when I got home it stopped. Ever since then I have had the occasional random muscle twitch in a random part of my body. The last week I havn't been very anxious and I have noticed it does it alot less but it's still happening. On an average day I notice a muscle twitch 3-4 times maybe. I have brain tumour fears atm so obviously it doesn't help, just wondered if it is a symptom of anxiety or not.

Symptoms I can relate to a brain tumour:

muscle twitching
    and eye floaters (2 weird squiggly shapes and and a few little spots)

anxiety or should I be worried, thanks.

***also can I add that I have a very phisically demanding job can this cause twitching, im a joiner/labourer
    Last edited by panic12; 18-10-12 at 17:24.

Re: Muscle twitching

I have twitches due to something called Benign Fasculation Syndrome . It is common in people who have been through a lot of anxiety or stress

Mine could be this I don't know, the more stressed I am the more often it happens

I also have BFS. It is common. I am sure this is what you have. I have had it now for 7 yrs, with no ill effects.

I have it lots too, not as much as a few months ago where it was pretty constant t still regular and much worse when I. Stressed

I actually find mine fun. The most common place I have it is my feet, on the loose skin on the side. I can almost guarantee that when I watch my wife, I will see the skin moving. I also have it in the calfs. And sometimes it will hit somewhere funny, like the skin fold under my ears. Or the skin on my bum At its worst, it would move around rapidly. I was scared and nervous for a day or 2, but as soon as I read about BFS I knew that it was me. I have never even mentioned it to a Doc.

7 yrs later,,, no better or worse. Just a part of life

I get it in arms and legs mostly, my lips did it once that was really freaky

I've gotten little muscle spasms every now and then all my life, mostly in my arms and legs. I don't think they're anything to worry about. Floaters can be common in anxiety, anxiety can do quite a lot to your sight it can cause blurred vision etc. I was opening up to a friend about my experience with anxiety and she works on a stroke ward in a hospital and she said there's been many occasions when people have come in with Stroke like symptoms, but, it's turned out they've just had a massive anxiety attack! It really is amazing what this does to your body.

I know floaters are normal but I can't help it, working outside most the time there always there and always manage to freak me out!!

I've had muscle twitches a lot. At my worst, my thumb would jerk by itself for ages, once I got my anxiety under control, they eventually went away.

Everything on the internet will show the most serious illnesses because they want people to be aware of the dangers of certain diseases and get checked out, unfortunately for Anxiety sufferers we don't tend to realise there are tons of totally normal problems that have exactly the same symptoms.

As for floaters, apart from being amusingly named, they are harmless. I've had them for years, they annoy me, because I can't look at a plain surface without seeing loads of them, but my eyes are very healthy.

Anxious people notice every little detail about themselves more, and focus on it. If you focused on your right arm for ages, you would notice it aches, or feels sore, or feels heavy, it's just the way our minds work.

Try not to stress, it will make things get a lot better

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information