Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pancreas

Re: Pancreas

Agree with you Pulisa, some of the posts are over and above anything Google tells me. Yes Fish, HA can be a selfish illness, but it strikes all sorts of personalities. Personally I would do anything I can not to trigger others with tales of what Dr Google says. I think it’s all down to how insightful people are, and regardless of whether they have health anxiety or not some folk lack that insight to see how their actions impact on others. I agree that reassurance doesn’t help and it’s the anxiety that needs to be worked on.

We all live and learn.

Let’s hope so Paranoid Viking.

I'm sure you will do, PV. I may be old fashioned but I do believe that it's important to be aware of how our HA can affect others around us-both online and in the real world. It's not all about the individual-others suffer and are affected too. Those that try to help others online have problems and feelings too.

Please don't feel guilty. That was not what I intended at a all. I was just using your post to explain what was frightening me. You can't help how you feel; I know that only too well.
    Thank you all for your posts. I appreciate the answers and I will be going for a blood test when I can get an appointment. Will let you know.

Hi again. I haven't se3n a doctor yet but have an appointment on 5th so will ask about blood test. I tried twice last week to see my own doctor but no luck so gave up because I was feeling better and knew I had a routine app.for 5th. Yesterday the symptoms came back for a bit but I am trying not to stress. However I have been worrying about my throat and thyroid again as I have been having a pain on the right side of my neck. It usually happens if I cough or sometimes if I move a certain way but I keep thinking there must be some sort of growth in there especially as i have a thyroid nodule. I posted about this in October because it had just been discovered and i have to go back in April to check it has not changed. In my mind it is cancer and has grown, hence the pain. Anyone else had pain in neck of this kind?

Hi again, I feel rather bad keep posting on here because I read that the site was originally set up for panic attacks. However I said I would update you after visit to doctor. I have seen my GP and have mixed feelings about it. She mentioned a relationship between pancreas and gall bladder so, as pain has now gone to right side as well I am concerned. Yesterday I was really panicky because of stabbing pain in right upper back during a meal. Doc seemed to think it us muscular and my liver function is good which shows on my diabetes blood tests. However she is sending me for a scan to settle my mind about pancreas. I know she doesn't think there us anything serious but it is hard not to worry when I don't think it us muscular at all. I am grateful she is sending me but still afraid that this time I will be 'the girl who cried wolf.'

If your liver function is good, and other bloods are fine, then you've nothing to worry about!

Did they do bilirubin as part of your LFT's?

I had this fear too, and my doctor was great. You wouldnt just have back pain, there'd be a whole load of other symptoms more predominant i.e jaundice, abdominal pain, weight loss, nausea etc. If you've had pains for 6 months, then it won't be pancreas related.

And the back pain would be excruciating too according to my doc. Symptoms wouldn't come and go, they'd be constant!

Thank you so much for yor reply. It is very re assuring. I haven't had any tests yet apart from liver which was done as part of diabetes test. Hopefully scan won't be too long. Will keep you posted.

Still no scan appointment but have been feeling much better, partly due to you guys. Have had a twinge today but, interestingly, have been lifting the twins a lot as they are staying with us. Hope that means it is muscular after all. If I am still okay I rather hope the app doesn't come before Christmas now as I have so much to do.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information