Thread: Coughing up mucus mixed with blood.

Coughing up mucus mixed with blood.

Hello!
    So yesterday and today i noticed blood in the phlegm when i was coughing up. I panicked and thats why i am posting now here. So o coughed two to three times and there was a little bit of dark blood. But it was just in the morning. I mean i continued to cough phlegm a little but the color returned to light yellow to white. I should also say that when i blowed my nose it was also these little chunks that was darkbred colored, meaning that there is also little blood there. But i am not sick not do i feel anything unusual and i haven't been sick the past weeks.
    I should also say that for the past 6 months i've been constantly coughing phlegm, sometimes two times a day and other times maybe a few times a week, however the phlegm was always light colored. And i alaways try coughing hard when i feel a phlegm in my throat. So does anyone have similar symptomes? Thanks

Re: Coughing up mucus mixed with blood.

That can happen even if the air is dry. I have had this happening since I've had the heat on in my house. If it's just a small amount, it's probably nothing. It's also happened secondary to my dust/mold allergy.

Quote Originally Posted by swgrl09 View Post
    That can happen even if the air is dry. I have had this happening since I've had the heat on in my house. If it's just a small amount, it's probably nothing. It's also happened secondary to my dust/mold allergy.
    Thanks for making feel better. Well the air dry here where i live in sweden so it makes sense. And the heat in the house is actually annoying me to be honest. Thanks

yes, dry air. this happens to me too.

Thread Information