Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vitamin D deficiency

Vitamin D deficiency

Hi everyone,

I'm currently being investigated for possible MS (praying it's not) however, I've just been diagnosed with severely low vitamin d. (6ng/ml, normal level is 40ng/ml)

My symptoms are heaviness and weakness in my right arm and leg, numb patches everywhere and dizziness and balance problems.

Has anyone ever had this deficiency? If so, could you please share your symptoms? I'm praying that this is the cause of mine

Re: Vitamin D deficiency

Yes. Last year, my blood showed very low D levels. I was given a prescription strength D that I took once a week for a couple of months and then told to start taking an OTC supplement. I was having body and joint pain as well as fatigue. Just due to my age and medical issues, I always have these symptoms but they have significantly lessened over the last year since my levels have returned to normal ranges.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

did you experience any actual weakness or numbness?

I was told that the only problem with blood tests is that it only tests for the vitamin on the particular day the test is taken.... you could be low/or high on that day and then the next it could be totally different

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

I just got mine tested and it was low. I have had fatigue but it's getting better, however mine was 36nmol/l which I think is equivalent to about 14 on the scale you're using, which is classed as insufficient rather than deficient so I doubt it's low enough to cause a lot of symptoms in my case.

Hello

I had a severe vitamin D deficiency back in March of this year. Never had that tested before. Was given the same as Fishmanpa but twice a week for around 3 months. I was experiencing pain and aches, general unwell feeling + twitches and vibrations around my chest and stomach areas! I dunno how much of it was actually because I was deficient or 'nerves' or something. I bet half the population of the colder, wetter, darker climate countries are in the same boat.

Feel better soon.

I’m wondering if I’m vitamin deficient as I keep getting leg ache. Can you buy good supps over the counter?

I have supplements that I bought online and they are 2000 iu, I don't know what prescription strength is but probably higher than that.

Thanks cattia

I've just looked again and the ones I have are actually 5000iu.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information