Thread: Bleeding worries again!

Bleeding worries again!

Apologies as I feel like I have a monthly panic re bleeding and constantly want reassurance! My history is that I have had gynae issues for 2 yearsd or more but had lots of tests (scans / internal / smears) and all ok. Gynae cancer has become my major cause of HA and fills me with dread!

Since around Feb this year my periods have become 'normal' .. howeve about 3 months ago I had tiny light brown smear when I wiped during OV, the month after I had tiny pink smear (not during OV) then during OV some time red spots (I check obsessiely) .. went to Dr in hysterics - they were not concerned at all, said not to worry and did an internal and all ok. My Dr understands my HA (I am having CBT and on tablets) and likes to go with the school of thought of 'I can't tell you you will never get cancer and can only reassure you today' - hard to hear but I guess true! The following month during OV again I got about a 5p size bit of red blood but took no action as didn't happen again.

Anyway a few days ago after a normal period ending last week I had BM in morning and had tiny streaks of very light brown and couple of pink again pin head size spots. After that nothing since.

Me being me I panicked (although CBT is helping I didn't go to bed as I normally would!) .. I rang a cancer helpline and had v.helpful guy who said this would be nothing and the internal would have shown if there was a problem and would be normal period issues and that I don't need another smear (had one year and a half ago all ok) and my Dr previously said the same.

Sorry for very long post but I just don't know how to stop worrying. Is it normal to keep having this happen, should I take action or just relax. I really want another baby but have been to scared to have sex for months incase I bleed (I never have) - will I ever be normal again! A few years ago this would not have worried me!

I have booked for a private smear on Monday but do worry if I am just keeping this whole test / reasurrance circle going and its not helping! This is such a ramble but this site does help so much - and stops me from googling most of the time so any thoughts / advice most welcome

Re: Bleeding worries again!

Hi Janeeey Sounds normal to me, I always got a bit of browny pink spotting on and off up to a week after end of periods. You do seen to be in a panic/reassurance cycle and that's not good but I do know how you feel, glad the CBT is helping focus on that and keep yourself occupied.x

Re: Bleeding worries again!

Hi Aycie thanks so much for your reply. It is hard as in lots of ways I feel like I am doing so well - but of course when I get a 'symptom' my rationale brain just leaves!! I take comfort in that whilst worrying I am not as bad as I was 6 months ago so I guess there is hope! I hope you are coping better now also x

Thread Information