Thread: Occupational Health Form

Occupational Health Form

Hello, I'm new, my name's Katherine and I suffer from anxiety and panic disorder. It's mostly under control at the moment, with some medication and I'm also having therapy. I still have some panic attacks, but it's not stopping me leading a normal life at the moment. Anyway, the thing is, I've just got a new job (I still can't believe I managed to turn up to the interview, let alone get the job!), but now they need me to fill in an Occupational Health form and see a Doctor. I really don't know what to put on the form, as I think if I tell the truth they might retract the job offer, which would leave me unemployed as I've already handed in my notice in my current job! On the form it asks 'do you have any current illness or health problem?', 'are you receiving any medical treatment?' and 'Have you ever had a nervous breakdown, depression or mental illness?' Any ideas of what I should write would be greatly appreciated, or any stories from any of you guys who have been through the same process would be great. Sorry this is so long. Thanks for reading.
    All the best!
    Katherine

hey Katheriner,

Firstly, welcome to the site! I am afraid I've not had any experience with that form, but I'm sure someone will be along later who has!

Take care,

tracy x x

Every time you avoid your fears they become stronger,every time you face your fears they become weaker.

Hi Katherine

You do need to answer this truthfully but be economical with the truth but it needs to match what is in the Gp notes

They cannot retract the job offer or you have a great discrimination case.

Also when you see the doctor make sure you put it to him as though it is almost in the past .

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Hi

I too am having the same problem as you. I put the truth down on the form in very brief detail. I dont think that the doctor will have much information to pass onto them as they do not seem to write much in the notes these days.

it is ggod to know though that they cannot retract the job offer.

I think at worst you will have to have a meeting with Occ Health and discuss it with them, but as you got the job it will be a breeze for you. Just tell them that things are settled and that it was a tough period of your life due to personal events.

Hope everything goes ok.

Thread Information