Thread: So tired and fed up

So tired and fed up

Been feeling really anxious since saturday, my mind feels like it is in overdrive........contstant bad thoughts, fear of losing control, fear of hearing things, fear of dying, feeling detatched, the list is endless

Im just so exausted by it all, the only time i get some rest is when im alsleep.

Re: So tired and fed up

Well on a positive note you are sleeping which is very important even if it doesnt feel significant. Are you seeing a doctor or someone? Maybe a visit is in order. Anxiety is something that can change drastically from one day to the next so its always important to keep your doctor updated with everything. I hope you are feeling better soon.

I saw my doctor on Monday but i don't find him very helpful to be honest, the last time i had anxiety/depression i was refered to a councellor so i think i might try that again

Sounds like about ever other day for me..some days anxious, some days depressed ,some days not so anxious or depressed other days anxious and depressed. We are all here for you and hope we can help you feel better.. Michael

I think the answer to all your fears are held in your first comment in your list....

contstant bad thoughts

The reason is, what are constant "Bad" thoughts? They're made up of.....

fear of losing control, fear of hearing things, fear of dying, feeling detatched, the list is endless

Therefore, to treat the others, we need to treat the cause....

We cannot prevent ourselves from thinking bad thoughts so there's no point trying to resist them. If we attempt to resist thinking them, we tense ourselves up which then creates more stress and fear which leads to a downward spiral of other thoughts as you describe.

Also though, the more we try to "fight" against them, the more they Love to keep coming back because they know they can frighten us.

How do we cure panics? We "forget" them and then they forget us so then how do you treat bad thoughts that keep bullying us? We ignore them. We let them go through us just as we do panicky feelings because when they know they can no longer frighten us, they stop bullying us because each time they come back we treat them like any other passing thought. They come in....then they go. Frightening thoughts only stick around Because they frighten us but they Are Only thoughts that Cannot harm you.

Also, when we hear or think things that make us "worry". Don't give them time of day! Ignore them by taking your mind off to think about "nice" things or "enjoyable" things to Do. When you distract the mind away from worries, the frightening anxious feelings they cause simply melt away and we feel fine!

Remember the old saying...."You'll worry yourself Sick". It's what we do. We won't let go of worrying thoughts because we like to dwell and analyse them....but that's what they want us to do because anxiety loves to bully us into making us "feel" ill. Don't let it!

Thread Information