Thread: Tooth Sensitivity

Tooth Sensitivity

Hi All,
    Another mystery symptom for everyone.
    For the past four or five weeks, I've been suffering from really severe tooth sensitivity and pain.
    It doesn't appear to be a dental problem and is in both upper and lower jaws.
    It waxs and wanes depending on the day but some days it's so bad, it actually causes me to lisp - because it hurts too much to rattle them together.
    Have said it to my doctor who gave me the whole spiel about how in medicine there are "symptoms" and then there is "disease" - ie it's all anxiety.
    Knowing that it's another anxiety symptom doesn't lessen the pain, however.
    Anybody ever had this particular one or heard of it.
    The only tablet I'm taking is Zispin so perhaps people on it (also known as Remeron) might have experienced this.

I have had this. I went running to my dentist convinced i needed a root canal. But, he did not see anything. He did ask me if I clench my jaw a lot... and of course I do. Jaw clenching is very common with people with anxiety... so I supose that the after effects are common also. Even if you do not realize you clench your jaw, if you are anxious, most likely you do.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________
    "I hope you never fear those mountains in the distance, never settle for the path of least resistance... When you get the chance to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance"

"This too shall pass..."

i have this exact same problem again its the anxiety doing the talking xx

Totally agree it's anxiety related. I have a habit of letting my bottom jaw drop back so my front teech are protruding & I grind my teeth a lot without knowing it. It doesn't half make my jaws ache & when I get mad I grit my teeth so much that I've chipped my front tooth! About once a month I also have really sensitive teeth, you know the hot & cold stuff, it lasts for 2/3 days then subsides. I wasn't on any meds until yesterday so I can't blame it on that, sound like just another symptom to add to the anxiety list I'm afraid but its reassuring knowing other people have it as well.

Les

TMJ
    Pain in Jaw,cheek bones and around eyes
    Another little question
    [Link removed as post deleted]
    Jaw Clenching & pain in neck / throat & chin area

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Thread Information