Thread: nipple discharge?

nipple discharge?

breast cancer has always been a concern in my life since i started developing. i've been worried about it since i was 12 years old and had access to a computer and now im going on 17 almost 18 with the same fears.. this time with an ongoing problem

one concern ive had since i was maybe 14-15 was the idea that i had a nipple discharge problem. i couldnt ever really tell if there WAS discharge coming from my nipples or just sweat travelling down there and making it seem like it ( not sweat from them though ive done enough research to know thats not possible.. )

so thinking that i managed to stave off my anxiety some for a few years and convince myself i was just thinking it was just sweat since i was only a teen anyway, but now that im getting older my fears that i could put aside with "im too young" are banging on the back of my head, even though im still really young..

anyway i noticed this year that the "nipple discharge" problem was here again, but this time it really does seem like nipple discharge in just one.. i cant pinpoint if its sweat like i used to ( since its always been clear ) since i squeeze to check out of panic and makes it look worse. my parents are firm believers of the stance "dont go to the doctor unless you're missing a limb" so at most now i just want peace of mind and someone to help me know if this is just a fluke since i've been in panic mode since its happened again today.. anyone else have a clue? @__@
    just to note, im definitely not pregnant since im not sexually active so thats out of the question

Re: nipple discharge?

Well, even if it is nipple discharge, it doesn't necessarily indicate cancer, especially at your age.
    Go to the doctor if you're concerned, but you should be aware that hormones can cause slight nipple discharge (and it sounds like yours must be only "slight", since you're not even sure if it's discharge or if it's sweat), and nipple discharge is even a side effect of certain medications.
    So don't plan your funeral yet, lol.
    Speak to a doctor about it to alleviate your concerns, because believing you have cancer is no fun.
    But nipple discharge is actually not a common sign of breast cancer, and it is perfectly possible to have this symptom in the absence of any illness.

Best wishes.

PS according to WebMD, nipple discharge can be perfectly normal, simply the result of nipple stimulation from your nipples chafing against the fabric of your bra.

http://www.webmd.com/women/guide/bre...le-discharge#1

Re: nipple discharge?

I've had the exact same issue as you (discharge from just one nipple) and nothing has been wrong with me. I know what it's like to drive yourself crazy over something you think is wring with you,but please try and think about thongs rationally.

Thread Information