Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tingling on my face and head

Re: Tingling on my face and head

I used to get the head tingling all the time and tightness and I used to worry that I was having a stoke or something too.
    It annoys the hell out of me and im forever scratching it, havent had it for a while though but I tend to go through different patches with my symptoms. Sometimes their head related but at the moment its chest pain worry that im experiancing.
    Its always one thing or another

When I try and relax to a Relaxation CD, the pins & needles in my head gradually cover my whole face, which distracts me. The more I try & relax, the more the pins & needles grow in intensity. They seem to reach a peak after about 20 minutes and then gradually fade to a lower level, but never go away completely. This is also accompanied with what feels like muscle spasms across my face and forehead. I can only describe it as my face fizzing away uncontrollably and I can't seems to find a way to make it subside, especially as its happens when I'm trying to relax myself. I'm off work at the moment & exercise regularly at a gym 4 times a week and swim most days and have become quite dishartenhed by my seemingly lack of progress over the last 4 months or so. My progress gets better & then worsens in a wave like pattern & I can't seem to drag myself out of this cycle. Any suggestions?

dear sal i have tingling down one side of my face am convinced it a mini stroke im 17

I have had face tingling for a few months. I went to the doctor on my birthday when it was really driving me crazy - I ended up in the ER for high blood pressure. I did a bunch of tests a neurologist ordered but just canceled my MRI/MRA. I believe the tingling is from stress and high blood pressure. My BP med is bringing down my BP and I need to not stress (easier said than done).

I'm not sure what causes it (could be the age I'm at now coupled with multiple stressors). But, I think the tingling is just stress.

This site has been a big help.

Hey guys, I'm going around to all the forums I can find with people having these symptoms. I've been having pain in my head and tingling sensations in my face/head and even down my back sometimes. How is your posture? I cant believe that I've found an answer to my problems. I've seen countless doctors and they all told me oh its just anxiety you will learn to deal with it. There is this thing called forward head posture. If you are on a computer alot (which most of us are) your head starts tilting forward over time cutting off nerves and arteries along your spine, which can lead to all sorts of problems. I started doing neck and posture excersizes the other day and for the first time in years i am feeling better, I cant believe it. I want to share this with everyone I can find to try and help. I thought I was having a stroke or dying. Look up forward head posture!!!!!!

Hi
    I am new here and really suffer with anxiety I hate it and it is ruining my life

I have these symptoms to, my face (cheeks, scalp, nose, ears and lips) all at different or even the same time. I thought it was a build up to a stroke or worse (if there is anything worse). It's relentless at times and I have no idea what to do. Doctor? I've been so often I feel like a hyprocondriact at times so I don't go.

I don't know of anything that is worrying me really, bills, money, work maybe? Anyway I'd like to thank you all for putting my mind at ease!!

Just to re-inforce what everyone else has said. Yep tingling is normal, just anxiety. Your sucking in more air which triggers fight or flight response flooding your system with adrenaline. Try to get some exercise to burn of some adrenaline.

i just wanted to say i also get pins and needles on my head/scalp it is awfull feeling i just say its anx...i also have pressure in head

Hi, i have never used one of these forums before but often read them and somtimes take some comfort in knowing im not alone. ive suffered with anxiety and panic attacks for around 2 years and have been taking propranalol for about 6months. i seem to go through faises where sometimes im in control of my anxiety and other times, like now, my axiety is taking over an ruining mylife. my latest symptom isa tingling sensation in my head and face, like others have said, its afrightning feeling, and me being the way i am automatically feer the worse. that my main problem i always think something terribly wrong with me and that i am going to die! i go to the doctors ofen but feel like they dontlisten or understand how this affects my ife! my fance is suportive but doesnt understand. so joining this forum is me trying to stry something new! its nice to know that i am not alone.xx

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information