Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Don't know if I can make it ......

Don't know if I can make it ......

Came back to work today after a disappointing Xmas (supposed to fly to Edinburgh but was fogbound in Norwich and had to return home with the wife and kids to an empty house with nothing in the fridge/larder and £100 lighter due to the taxi fares to/from the airport[V]) and it's dark, wet and cold.[V]

I don't think I can make it through to Spring without, as my Granny would say, "taking to [my] bed" for a prolonged spell.

Sorry to whinge but I feel really low...........

Happiness and light to you all,
    'Chopper'

I saw her once, one little while, and then no more:
    ’Twas Eden’s light on Earth a while, and then no more.
    Amid the throng she passed along the meadow-floor:
    Spring seemed to smile on Earth awhile, and then no more;
    But whence she came, which way she went, what garb she wore
    I noted not; I gazed a while, and then no more!

James Clarence Mangan 1803 - 1849

Hi. Sorry to hear you are feeling so low. We all feel like this at times so you are not alone. Do you suffer from Seasonal Affective Disorder? Just a thought as you say you don't feel like you can make it until Spring. It might be worth seeing your Doctor as SAD is a recognised condition that can be treated. You can even get special lamps which help you to get more 'natural' light.

Hope you feel better soon.

Love shoegal xxx

Oh, honey, I so hate the post-christmas let down. I do feel for you. If I didn't have my one truly brilliant friend I'd already have taken to my bed.

My thoughts are with you, chick. It's a struggle, I know, but keep going hour to hour...
    xo

Hi There,

Sorry bout your hol problems, I think Jan is generally a depressing time of year, Could you seek compensation for your taxi fares from the airline and are they allowing you to transfer your flights? If so why not book again and give yourself something to look forward too, maybe have a google and find some nice places you and your family could visit or arrange a day out or do something at home to cheer you up, I have taken to my bed a lot of xmas due to high levels of anxiety and am finding it very hard to get going again - seriously dont wanna go there! so stick at it and spring will soon be here!

Thanks for your support Shoegal. I've been diagnosed as unipolar (I get really aggitated and anxious) and my 'episodes' do tend to coincide with the onset of winter.

I use a Lumie Brightspark lamp (it's on in front of me now) but have been using it increasingly since the clocks went back in an attempt to regulate my sleep patterns.

With 40mg of Citalopram a day and, now, about 4 hours of light therapy my condition was, just, about under control. But I'm flagging today ... maybe it's just the return to work, maybe I'm just feeling generally unwell today, maybe, maybe, maybe ..... I just don't know. I feel physically sick, trembling, sweating and emotional.

I want to go home and hibernate!

Happiness and light to all,
    'Chopper'

What a rotten thing to happen.......and to someone who is always ready to cheer up and support others on NMP.

Hope we can do the same for you now Chopper,

And I hope things improve greatly for you soon

"James Russell Lowell:
    Mishaps are like knives, that either serve us or cut us, as we grasp them by the blade or the handle."

I think you may be the type to grasp them by the handle Chopper

Take care

GG [:P]

xx

'There are no such things as strangers; just friends we haven't made yet!'

Hey Chopper.........what a bummer!!! I was thinking about you supping 80/- in the "Diggers" many times over the last couple of weeks!!!!!

In some way you need to find a way of putting something in your diary to help you look forward. The Crimbo trip is long gone now and you were so looking forward to that!!

Should you end up "taking to your bed" then take some time out and do something positive and proactive. Just because you can't function at work doesn't mean you have to stay in bed.

Happy to chat/pm/msn

Iain

"lang may yer lumb reek"

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?

Hi

So sorry to hear your plans for Christmas were spoiled. This is a difficult time of year but you will get through it. I agree with Wendy put a date in your diary, then you will have something to plan and look forward to.

By the way the weather in Scotland has been fowl. Hogmanay parties in Edinburgh, Glasgow and Stirling were cancelled. The last 2 days there has been no day light. Our house lights were on all day.

Keep your chin up.

chillx

Nightmare!

Tuesday afternoon, just after my last post (02 January 2007 : 10:50:44) I went for a lap of the building. Felt like sh***, came back to my desk 'till lunchtime then took my camera for a wander. I felt terrible, really sick, then actually was. Made my way back to work almost stumbling back, and when I got to my desk I thought I was going to faint. I came over all dizzy, panicking, trembling, sweating .... the works!

My colleagues realised I was having a 'turn' and called my missus who imediately came to collect me. For 'Health and Safety' reasons, they wheeled me to our car in a wheelchair!! Imagine the look on her face when she saw me?

Anyway, to cut a long tale shorter than I might normally, I had a really bad night on Tuesday and spent yesterday under the Duvet. I shaved and showered last night and this morning and have made it into work ....... so far. I think I'll talk to HR and see if I can work 'till lunchtime today and tomorrrow. Roll on the weekend.

I really can't see me making it to spring.[V]

Happiness and light to you all,
    'Chopper'

Hi Chopper,

So sorry to hear of this news. Perhaps you need different meds during this time of year although it can be very difficult to change them it might be a thing to consider. I know you will be able to make it until spring, think of all you have to look forward to. Do you have any plants in the house? That helps me alot. Hoping you feel better today.

Bel

"Our thoughts are our reality"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information