Thread: emotions?

emotions?

Can panic and anxiety cause you to just cry for no reason, i felt fine when i woke up and then as the day went on i just felt so sad and everytime i spoke to someone i just wanted to cry!!

perhaps it's the fact that it's sooooo bloddy hot and i havnt slept well for days, as i'm sure most people havnt.

Liz

Hey Liz,

I would agree that the weather does not help nor not sleepin, in my experience i would say yes panic/anxiety can cause you to feel very emotional for no reason.

Maybe you are just having an off day, as we all do! Try not to focus on it too much, go with it and hope for a better nights sleep and a better day tomorrow.

Take care,

tracy x x

Every time you avoid your fears they become stronger,every time you face your fears they become weaker.

I would agree with Tracy, I found that I was more emotional due to anxiety, i think we become sensitised and so our feelings are more on the surface. i'm much better now and more in control of things, so it will pass. hate this heat though!

Take care
    Daisybun

'This too will pass'

I feel like crying if I haven't slept well or eaten well. Hope you're feeling better today!

Hi Liz,
    in answer to your question, definately yes im affraid!
    This has been a really hard week for me, just seem to be in tears all the time, with the constant feeling of being on the edge of panic, or a big panic attack.
    As someone said to me this week 'its not a bad thing to cry'!
    Just try and treat it as another cycle in the list, you know it will pass.

Thank you for your kind e-mails this week.

Cheers

Will [8D]

Hi Liz, yes I would say anxiety and panic will defo cause you to cry for no reason and at any time, it happens to me all the time but the heat won't be helping matters, roll on the winter.

Best wishes,

Polly

I think anything that makes us more sensitive is bound to make us more emotional.

I have sobbed for no apparent reason when I've felt down on many occassions, although I seemed to have escaped this particular symptom whilst struggling in the heat.

It will pass.

Ray
    http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
    ~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

I've had every emotion from breaking down crying for absolutely no reason at all except that I was frustrated... to being angrier than a hornet in a rocking nest..again for no reason.. and the worst part.. is it happened all with in 15 mins more than once.. It's one of the main reasons I thought I was crazy for the longest time.. or at least couldnt control my emotions.. and this heat has been murder.. I don't know how it is in the UK but here in New York we've been averging close to 90 for a week now.. and of course heat encourage panic symptoms since it does cause some of the same things that a panic attack does.. like lightheadness.. restlessness.. shortness of breathe.. and dry mouth.. so high heat honestly in my opinion isn't our friend it makes us worry.. I've been relucant to leave the fan in my room all week (it's the coolest room in the house) everytime I journey out of it I feel edgy.. which of course isn't good for my agoraphobic tendencies at all.. So I try to visit the different rooms and go out even though I don't really want too..

Other than that drink alot of water.. it does help calm you down immensly.. try if you can handle it keeping your lights to a low level or even off to keep rooms cooler and comfy.. and hey it's almost August.. we're almost through the worst of it =)

Take Care and I hope things get better
    ~Shadowwin

Hi Liz
    I think anxiety can cause us to be very emotional. When I was at my worst the slightest thing set me off - everytime my poor mum rang me I ended up in tears! I think we get so exhausted with anxiety and some people don't eat well and these can all make us feel emotional. My homeopathist said to just let it all out and have a good cry, not to try and hold it in. I do feel better after a good cry!
    take care
    Love Helen

Thanks for all replies, i feel alot better today after having a nice relaxing weekend.

i dont know what i'd do without this site and the people on it!!! go stark raving luny i suppose!!

Cheers
    again.

Liz

Thread Information