Thread: Dizziness

Dizziness

Does anybody out there suffer from lots of dizziness which the docs keep saying is down to anxiety, which of course you dont believe, and when i get the dizziness i get all panicky and get that awful adrenalin rush right throuh my body , ive had this dizziness for well over a year,and dont think i can live with it for alot longer , its made me go through a year of bad anxiety and depression because of tjis dizziness.

Re: Dizziness

i suffer with this all the time, is an awful feeling doctor said the same to me, weird thing is i am kind of used to it now, as i know it cant hurt me you will be ok just drink plenty and eat little and often that works for me, are you on any meds x

yes i do get it and with the shot of adrenalin too.
    its awful and like you i struggle to believe its anxiety.
    i have my ears checked and blood pressure evrything is fine.
    so i guess it must be. but it is horrible.

A few weeks ago hun i was REALLLYYY dizzy for a long time, and its horrible :( i felt like i was bouncing up and down when i wasnt, or like i was swaying. Sometimes had to grab the floor as i thought i was gonna pass out because of it, luckily it has passed away hun. I went to the doctors about it thinkin i had an ear infection because of it, but they checked me and said the same-----anxiety. Also my blood pressure is low, which apparently makes me lightheaded anway...but nothing to worry about. Hope it eases for you hun, as i know how scary it is and uncomfortable xxx

I have been suffering too, try not to worry and tell it no im not going to react

Hi everyone thanx for your replies,im currently changing meds from duloxetine to escitralopram ,the duloxetine didnt do a deal for my axiety and because of all the horror stories decided to change just hope this one works coz ive been on nearly every other AD without success this year,sertraline worked well for couple of years then stopped working on the anxiety,for a year im petrified when i wake in the morning as i dont want to face the day ahead coz i know im gonna be dizzy and i dont seem to be able to cope with which then leads to depression ,i darnt go out anywhere in case it happens while im out ,my poor daughter and husband are so fed up because i also dont like being on my own in case it happens so they cant go out either, my husband had to give up work last year to care for me as too scared , in the past year ive had 2 ecgs which came back fine , 2 sets of blood tests which included thyroid, liver function,and anemia ,also fasting blood test for diabetes,hormone tests when i was on my period in case it was menopuse,have had MRI scan on head in june ,everything came back fine so why cant i stop feeling dizzy also got ENT appointment in oct in case its my ears ,but still dont believe that anxiety can make yiu constantly dizzy even when your not feeling that anxious

Yep I get it all the time with the adrenaline rushes.

Sometimes the dizzyness is really severe, its bloody awful.

And like you I really couldnt believe it was anxiety, but all tests are clear and everyone on here suffers with them and its down to anxiety / panic.

Just you have to accept it to move on from it I found and just say it wont beat you.

The best explanation I ever heard on here was of it been just like a bully trying to take your dinner money. You will give in and be scared of it. But until you step back and say no I'm not letting it, then it goes.

Dont worry about is seriously, when it comes on , watch your breathing do the usual breathing excerises through your stomach and out of mouth. Head between legs. Then lay and relax and take mind off it.

Hope it gets better soon, It will

Thread Information