Steven,

Having thought about your situation a little more this morning, I can't imagine how hard it's been for you. You must have been terrified going through all that. I have no idea what I'd have done - certainly not as well as you.

I was also thinking about your dad. I'm not saying he did the right thing but it must be heartbreaking to see your child in so much pain and harming themselves. He must have been scared that you would do serious harm to yourself and I guess he just did the only thing he could think of to protect you. Someone who didn't care would just have left you alone.

See this as the lowest point from which you're going to start to recover. Try to use the time to plan your next few weeks. When you get home, take small steps towards getting some structure back into your life. A positive routine really helps, even if it's just getting up for a few hours a day, having a shower and getting dressed. If you want to chat, arrange to meet someone, either one of your local friends or a friend here in the chat room.

I know it sounds simple and I also know that it's not. I'm not pretending it will be an easy journey but you're at the start and I'd love it if you caught up with me who can see the finish line albeit up a 100ft cliff and I've lost my climbing gear. It's easier if a few of us tackle the climb together.

Take care

Pip xx