Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Worried about ECG results.

Worried about ECG results.

Hi all,

I had an ECG on Wednesday as was having quite a bit of chest pain and it was starting to bother me so GP did an ECG there and then. Although GP said it was normal and sent me on the way I did notice on the ECG that it had noted "minimal right-precordial repolarization disturbance, probably aspecific change".

I know replorization can be associated with SCD and it's worrying the hell out of me. Chest pain is continuing mainly on my left side of chest (just below left breast area). Really don't know what to do...

Re: Worried about ECG results.

I know from personal experience that the ecg print out can be over sensitive and nothing beats a cardiologists/drs word. I panicked for months waiting for my cardiology appointment because mine says inverted t waves and cannot rule out previous heart attack. I was worried sick but my cardiolgist said it didnt mean anthing as my heart was fine. Try not to worry (easier said than done) but if its still playing on your mind in a few days then ask your dr about it and beleve what he tells you. Good luck x

Revelation on skips

Hi all,

Just my two cents really on skipped beats. I get them, I hate them and have been told numerous times they are harmless.

Today I went to see my new GP and was nervous as had alot to cover (doesn't have my medical records yet so had to tell him anxiety story). I have to this day believed I have a heart condition and that anxiety isn't the cause of my skips..I have noticed that they have become less frequent as I tackled my anxiety going days without any, and on anxious days they are more prominent.
    Today my skips were more frequent this morning and with the addition of something else I wound up in A&E. While in the hospital I had crazy skips, I had an ECG (7th one in 4 months) and my ECG came back normal..not one thing wrong with it. I told the Dr about my skips (this is probably the 6 or 7th Dr I've asked about skips) and she said they are annoying and uncomfortable but nothing to worry about and that most people get them but most just don't feel them (us over anxious do). This is something that I have now been told numerous times...I just thought to myself how many more times will I need to hear this before I will accept that anxiety can actually cause these things? Will having further tests actually prove anything? Probably not.

Re: Revelation on skips

If it's anything like me, no matter how many doctors / tests you'll get prescribed and telling you nothing is wrong, you'll still worry about it.

Unfortunately, we just have to live with it and try to get along with them. Harder said than done though.

Have a good one ash

I've many ECGs. Most are normal sinus rhythm etc, but one night I got one that said "left atrial enlargement;" worried myself all up about it only for the doctor to come back and say it was normal. I asked her about it and she said the read outs at the top are often wrong for a variety of reasons.

Ectopics and chest pain

Hi all,

Was just wondering if there's any of you out there that get chest Pains aswell as ectopics, I've read having both is a cause for concern so I'm a little worried. I've worked so hard over the past few months to reduce my anxiety and I seemed to be winning but the ectopics still remain. Today has been particularly bad with them but to add to it I've had chest pains also so struggling. My anxious mind is telling me to run off to the hospital but really trying to avoid that. Anyone got any experience with this?

Ash

Re: Ectopics and chest pain

Can posters, especially those who are posting a lot about a variety of fears please confine their posts to one thread.

This helps others to build up a clear picture of what is happening and makes it easier to offer suitable advice.

You may not see the pattern but usually it is there, especially if you are posting frequently about different things.

Due to technical problems it is proving difficult to merge posts so for the moment any posts that we feel should be on a previous thread will be closed, allowing you the opportunity to re-post on your existing thread.

Your co-operation with this would be greatly appreciated.

Elen

Re: Ectopics and chest pain

Hi Elen,

Although I appreciate the point of your post for those posting very frequently but my last post on this subject was over 3 months ago so don't really understand why this has been aimed at me?

I don't really have anything constructive to say Ash, but I'm right here with you panicking! I hope that your results hurry up and you feel better about it really soon xx

Re: Revelation on skips

Well after waiting 3 months for my holter monitor results I finally got them this morning. The readings showed 2 isolated PVC's with no other arrhythmia showing. Sinus rhythm was normal throughout. The hospital has stated no further treatment or investigation required. My GP said the only thing we could do to completely rule everything out now is an Echo so has referred me for one but said the hospital may decline if they don't feel it's nessecary. Although I should take this as good news, I'm still struggling to understand why the frequency of the PVCs have increased especially now I have the anxiety under control. The PVC's certainly create anxiety for me though and there just seems to be no way I can stop them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information