Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: The Inositol Guide: PsychoPoet Research Initiative

Re: The Inositol Guide: PsychoPoet Research Initiative

How much have you been taking? I had no real side effects with taking 4.5g so I was thinking since I've eaten loads today (again) I'd try and up the amount.

I need to start my trial again. I slacked over with it over Christmas because my appetite completely died and I didn't really want to try it on an empty stomach. I think I recall sleeping a bit better after my first day.

Have you tried sleeping with ear plugs in? Completely removes any problems with noises waking me up. Only problem is the cats clawing me at 4am.
    Last edited by teej; 03-01-14 at 15:41. Reason: more info

Yeah I think it is the westerly gale not the inositol, thanks for the thoughts. If I could get outside I would buy some earplugs XD
    Glad to hear it's improved your appetite, I'm going to get up to 4 mgs today and maybe about 5 or 6 by the end of the week. No more farting than usual yet so I'm taking the right road.

---------- Post added at 16:08 ---------- Previous post was at 16:07 ----------

Any improvement with the anxiety Teej?

AND
    'AV A
    PASTY

I'm thinking a few weeks into the future, but does anyone here have experience of using inositol to wean off SSRIs?

Kind of like going from boob to bottle I suppose, not me.
    Update: I've had my first inositol poo!

AND
    'AV A
    PASTY

I have to admit to having given up on the Inositol. I don't know whether it was coincidence, but every time I started taking it in moderate amounts I slipped into a blip. I've been a bit concerned taking it since. Weird. Anyway. Glad I tried!

First off, I have to say big thanks to PsychoPoet for all this info!

I also want to ask if your aware of any link between Inositol & Testosterone? I've been taking 1000 mg of inositol for the last 6 months and just had a test that showed my T levels were low. I did a lot of searching and found that inositol has shown to dramatically lower test in woman but couldn't find any info pertaining to males.

Any thoughts on this?

That is interesting! Can you say if this is a bad thing or a good thing? I'm guessing bad?
    I forgot to update - I finished my bag of it and I have to say I don't think it made a difference for me, but I've no regrets in giving it a good try.

AND
    'AV A
    PASTY

jd-max: I haven't read anything on inositol lowering testosterone for men, but have read a lot on it regarding women. I am taking it primarily for that reason. In the studies I've read, the therapeutic level for these women was 4g (4000mg) per day. Just how low is your T level? Could 1000mg (1g) per day dosage for a man who regularly produces a baseline of much more testosterone than a woman, really have that significant of an impact? I'm also curious about the new standardized testing for T. Seems like there is a new push from drug companies for T testing and new drugs. Are you asymptomatic?

Let us know if you find out about impact of inositol on testosterone for men. (Curious.) Also, has your 6 month inositol regimen done/not done anything for you? Most of us here are new or inconsistent users of inositol so your experience could be priceless information!

Well this is my first post here, but I registered due to reading this thread, ordering Inositol and finding it beneficial.

Suffer from: PTSD
    Medication : 20mg Citalopram reduced from 30mg
    Vitamins : B Complex, D3, B5 and B12

At the moment experimenting between 4g and 6g a day of Inositol and definitely find it helps. Less anxious, calmer and more relaxed.

Big test tomorrow, first day in a new job! Tried one two weeks ago (pre-Inositol) and lasted two days!

Thanks to PsychoPoet for the work that went into the initial post, it is much appreciated.

Chuck

Hi everyone.

The research I conducted for this thread is now several years old. At the time, I didn't find any negative side effects to inositol other than higher doses could cause nausea or the squits. I'll update the original post now. Thanks for the information.

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I drew the line between hope and despair, and the line will hold.

"Forth now, and fear no darkness!"

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread Information