Thread: Loose stomach

Loose stomach

Went back to the hospital today after over six months, had to do a CAT-scan, and went I sat at the waiting room I suddenly had to run to the bathroom. The lights on the hospital bathrooms are blue (so that drug addicts can't see their veins), and I thought (this is very TMI I know) there were blood in my feces. Now, one of the reasons I were at the hospital is this, but this really freaked me out, and that ol' "pal" PA came a-runnin'!

The nurses I talked to (after I realized it could've been a panic attack) told me the fluid I had to drink before the scan, could bring diarrhea - or could this be a symptom of PA? I've searched but I can't really find anyone else mentioning diarrhea from having PA's, so...

Hi Vanadium,

Your diarrhea could have been caused from the fluid you drank for the cat-scan, however, anxiety can cause irritable bowel syndrome. It can either be constipation or diarrhea or both. If you have had these symptoms before your doctor will probably due a sigmoidoscopy or a colonoscopy to diagnose it. Neither tests are painful. Some are treated by diet others by medication to treat this disorder. I hope this information is helpful. This usually runs in familes. I have it as well as my sister. Take care and I hope you feel better soon.

Bel

"Our thoughts are our reality"

Vanadium,

Honestly it could have been both.. I've taken myself to the point of diaherra as well as vomiting a couple of times on a rahter nasty panic attack.. and I remember from my own CAT-scan that stuff upset my stomach for 2 days and then it stopped.

I hope you are feeling better now.. hang in there and try to keep smiling

~Trina

Thread Information