Thread: Waking up with sick in mouth - Going out of my mind with worry.

Exclamation Waking up with sick in mouth - Going out of my mind with worry.

Hello all,

Over the past few months, I have woken up early morning with sick in my mouth and I can feel it in my throat but after sitting up and calming my self down, it then goes for the rest of the day.

I was not so worried about this but it has been twice this week and i have to admit, my anxiety is very high at this current period in my life as I am moving job and trying to cope with health anxiety, which we all know is hard to cope with and I also lost one of my friends last Friday who was 38 to cancer of the blood

Because I'm thinking about what happened last night, I'm sitting here at my desk feeling sick, which I'm wondering if it is something serious or just acid reflux (anxiety).

I have managed to book an appointment with my doctor for next Friday (31st August 2007), that is if i need it (it is there as a safety net for me).
    Last time i went to see him, he said if my anxiety is still causing me problems, then we will have to look into changing my medication to try and help me get back on track again.

It is very hard to cope, when you do not have anybody to talk to as when i mention it to anybody in the family, they just say "it is your anxiety" then ignore me, which gives me the impression that they do not want to talk to me about anxiety anymore.

Has anybody on these forums had anything simular, in the way of waking up to sick in the mouth?

Thank you for your time in reading this thread,

Red
    Last edited by reddevil; 23-08-07 at 17:48.

Re: Waking up with sick in mouth - Going out of my mind with worry.

I find if I'm very anxious, I cough a lot and that in itself can make me throw up, not pleasant, don't know if that's any help to you.

Re: Waking up with sick in mouth - Going out of my mind with worry.

Hi Red

I am soo sorry to hear what your going through hun, I can understand a little how scary this can be. I myself have not had this, but my daughter has

I won't go into my daughters full story, don't want to bore you, but being sick or sick in mouth when waking, was one of her main symptoms. She still gets this from time to time, BUT only when she is worrying about something.

I did over time notice, that when she had alot of things going on in school that worried her, this would happen the most, she would wake up and ask me, why do I have sick in my mouth, it tast yuk, she was only very young at the time.

This symptom was defo, anxiety, for my daughter, what I was told happend was, when my daugher was anxsious about anything of course, she took her worries to bed with her, when we sleep, all musculs, relax, including the valve which holds down all contents of food and fluids we have drunk or eatin.

So, when dreaming feeling anxious in sleep, this valve is relaxed, which in turn becuase she was laying down, the food or fluid, worked its way back up the food pipe, hence the sick in mouth. Once you are awake and sit up, the valve, shuts off.

As you know, when we are anxious are bodys produce more wind, this in turn when anxious in sleep, helps the food pop back up into the mouth.

Oh dear, I am not that good at explaning things, hope this makes sense.

**Because I'm thinking about what happened last night, I'm sitting here at my desk feeling sick, which I'm wondering if it is something serious or just acid reflux (anxiety).**

My daughter did this alot when she was acute, she felt sick alot, her saying was, "I don't feel very well" I came to understand over time, that this feeling again was because she was anxious about something, something was playing on her mind. She had this on hols in blackpool last week I did help sort it for her by distracting her and it went.

Red, I am soo sorry to hear of the loss of your freind, this must be sooo hard for you, my thoughts are with you at this sad time.

You are coping with alot of things right now, please be kind to yourself and don't be to hard on yourself.

If you feel the need for reasurance from your gp, go get it, peace of mind goes along way.

I do understand that finding people who you can talk to about anxiety is hard. My hubby does not like me to talk about anxiety, alltough I myself have had pa's, high anxiety and our daughter suffered from a very young age ( 3 years) she still has a few probs from time to time. (she is 14 now, but doing good. Mmmm, schools back soon, mmm fingers crossed on that one.

Not sure if this is of any help, but I know that sick in the mouth CAN be an anxiety symptom, DEFO.

What I found helped for my daughter was, find out what was causing her to worry, try dame hard to help her work it out.

Prop her head up with pillows or prop the bed up on bricks, sometimes this helped, sometimes it did not.

I do hope this get sorted for you and this passes soon.

You take care Red

LOVE JILLXX

------------------------------------------

"Every thought you think changes your
    biochemistry.
    Your hormones are effected by your
    thoughts.
    Pay attention to stuff that bring you
    joy.
    Look for things that bring you a
    SMILE"

---------------------------------