Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pgad

Re: Pgad

No its everywhere - but Im also experiencing waves of adrenaline rushes that come from my stomach/ that area that I fear that it is pgad/orgasms Im not really sure thiugh cause it does not exactly feel like one. It wakes me up from my sleep but Im trembling and shaking so sometimes I feel like its more of a panic attack.

Definitely sounds like a panic attack.

I honestly dont know anymore - Its like a numbness/ electric shock feeling and hot flashes that leaves me scared. I also read that anxiety and overly stressed body can cause tingling sensations including in the groin area but then PgAD also causes panic attacks so I dont knooow. Maybe its that but since I learned about pgad I cant grt my mind off of it. I also know that mind/body connection is weird and it might be all in my head but its really difficult to tell myself that when I have the unbearable sensations.

I can’t believe there are others dealing with this. I’m losing my mind over the physical sensations. Xanax takes it away but I really can’t be taking one all the tims. I just recently joined this forum because of this.

The only thing that helps is knowing that it is very very rare and mostly affects post-menopausal women so the chances of having it is pretty low. I think its the mind that makes it look so real because distraction and completely ignoring it makes the sensations dissapear.
    I used to take xanax and was doing Ok and when I stopped the feelings did not come back until I was very stressed and then googling pgad completely escalated the sensations. When I did not know about it, I was doing okay for most of the time because I would tell myself that it was ocd groinal response or anxiety.

---------- Post added at 16:55 ---------- Previous post was at 16:53 ----------

I read that checking the sensations or becoming really aware of your body processes and checking to not become “aroused” can actually cause arousal.

I barely read that too and realized I was checking for sensation both mentally and physically. When my anxiety is not sky high I won’t feel anything, but when I go to sit down or riding in the car I’ll feel this strong tickle feeling from the inseam of my shorts or jeans that seems to simultaneously produce anxiety. It’s a vicious cycle I can’t break from. I went to my GP and asked for Prozac because it’s suposed to be good for anxiety, ocd, etc. (I didn’t tell him about my fear of pgad. Well I had 3 days from hell on that med. made anxiety worse and I had total insomnia, headache, and dilated pupils which made things blurry. I need to find a psych and talk about these issues. I took Paxil 3 years ago when I had an irrational fear of ALS which produced body wide twitches. The Paxil helped a ton but I gained 15 lb that took me a year to lose! I thought after I lost it 3 years ago that would be the last time but here I am again having a hard time convincing myself what I feel is anxiety.

---------- Post added at 11:22 ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 ----------

Also I didn’t know it was mostly post menopausal women. The few I read about were in their 20s and 30s. It’s confusing because some people had back injuries and other people seemed to have it come up out of nowhere. Some info said it was physical, other neurological, but I also read that anxiety and ocd were common too which makes me wonder if it’s mental too which really scares me

If it's mental/anxiety that means it can go away just like before. Just takes alot of distraction and belief, mine turned out to be psychsomatic/anxiety
    /mental and mine was so bad at some point I wouldn't believe at all it wasn't phsyical/real PGAD but it was just anxiety and went away eventually. It takes alot of strength to keep the anxiety away long enough for the symptoms to go away and even when I thought I was fine they still came back sometimes (see how easy it is to believe that means it was real?) But after 5 months of believing it was real and about 3 months of FULLY believing it was anxiety, it went away. Stay strong, I know you can because if you're strong enough to get through each day with these symptoms then you're strong enough to fight it. Pm my new account, Scytaic if you need someone to talk to. I lost the password of this but just found it today haha but I'll be on scytaic from now. Also mine started just in the clit but moved on to all over the pelvic floor if that helps. Then the 2nd time I had it it was purely in my bladder and urethra - those felt the worst ever and they'd come just before my periods which made me believe it was hormonal of something which terrified me but they were anxiety too! The more I believed it was just anxiety the quicker the sensations went away, around the last few months I had it, sometimes even just an hour of reassurance or distraction where as before, my belief they were real was so bad that not even distraction could help. Took a year for me to finally go away so don't give up hope to anyone who's had it for a long time. the last time I had it, I was already about 80% convinced it wasn't real, then my boyfriend proposed to me and the happiness and surprise just instantly got rid of the symptoms! Then I knew 100% it was anxiety and I never had them since.
    Last edited by Rbvdk; 11-08-18 at 10:37.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information