Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pgad

Re: Pgad

I'm praying for you!!! :(

Hi. Yesterday I had more or less a good day. My mind would wander back to pgad at times but my symptoms were minimal. I more or less had convinced myself that my mind is causing these symptoms and was ok.
    My anxiety was better and I managed to eat well, great thing as my appetite has been Zero.
    But, during the evening I had some sensations. I didn't sleep very well and woke up several times with sensations. Now I am convinced I have pgad again. Anxiety wouldn't wake you up with sensations?
    Now I am starting the day in a mess, all panicky and scared!! This takes over my mind completely and it is the only thing I think about when I am in such a panic.
    Please help!

Hey,

I think the fact that your symptoms fade with valium and distraction is a pretty big indicator that they are a product of anxiety and nothing more. Try and hold on to that. I hope you feel better. Xx

Thanks xx. But I find it so hard to think that these horrible symptoms could be anxiety. I am so scared. I keep on reading about these poor women and I get worse and worse and can't see that my horrible symptoms could be anything else ��

Something interesting is that anxiety can cause feelings of sexual stimulation in men & women. It's a documented thing in themes of sexually intrusive thoughts. It's about a primitive area of the brain responding and increased blood flow to the sexual organs.

So, there is a possibility.

In a right panic!! Just woke up with a big 'o' caused by a sexual dream. Sorry if TMI. Now I am really convinced I have pgad as in the past month thus has happened 2-3 times. I have read that spontaneous o's in pgad have nothing to do with sexual desire or stimulation. But I am still extremely worried that what has just happened is another symptom of pgad. Please help!!

Hi. Still in big panic. Scared of every sensation and convinced it is pgad. Anybody have any experience with this please?

Hi I know it's a very late reply but when I had the fear of pgad (for about 2 years on and off) I got sensations randomly too even when I wasn't stressed and at some point, distraction never worked. I also woke up with orgasms from non-sexual dreams completely put of nowhere, which convinced me that it was real too. But yeah, it turned out to all be psychosomatic/anxiety induced (Anxiety never sleeps..) I'm still so shocked at how real it feels. I guess if you think about it, no matter what condition/injury/syndrome etc, in the end the sensations are coming from your brain/nerve signals, so it makes sense that your brain can do that without an actual physical cause when your anxiety/nervous system is so hyperactive. Good thing is, it's curable and all it takes is your mind rather than actual physical healing. Hope that helps, look at my latest post on a thread I made about pgad, I put my story in and hope it'll help others. http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthr...=195420&page=2

(Btw it's normal to wake up with orgasms even without anxiety, there's some science to it which I think is safe to Google lol)
    Last edited by Rbvdk; 24-05-18 at 11:55.

Hi Minion and Rbdvk,

I created this account to contact you. i hope all is well with you. I’m experincing the same fear as you guys did and I have no idea what to do. Basically I’ve had symptoms for 3 years but on/off and never this strong - more of a general discomfort. It started after sex, and my first real panic attack was when i actually felt something while in class. However then I got constant sensations in the groin area especially when stressed or I anticipated it. I connected to my ocd which actually started about obssessions about these symptoms three years ago. Then this went away and I had suicidal obssessions, then harm ocd and now for 2 yers I have terrible health anxiety - ALS, MS, meningitis. Last month I had university exams - I was doing Ok, I was getting the sensations but only when really stressed like before the exam or when I focused on it, but not all the time. This one night when I was about to fall asleep I felt something and then a surge of electric/numb and warm feeling theoughout the body that woke me completely and I started shaking, I was cold and panicked. The next day, it came again like adrenaline rushes but I googled constant arousal or orgasms and pgad came up - since then im convinced I have pgad because I had the symptoms before googling them. i talked to my psychologist, she says its ocd and the fact that by focusing on it, it grows even when I dont think about directly ‘it is as a screensaver of the brain’. Some days When Im distracted I dont get them but when I am alone or at night its horrible. I know people kill themselves because of this and my suicidal obsessions are back because of this - im scared that I wont be able to handle the groin sensations and the adrenaline rushes or orgasms or whatever they are. Can anxiety be causing this despite the fact that it seems I had symptoms prior my diagnosis of ocd? Please help, it would really mean a lot to me right now. Many thanks!

Personalhell: I'm so sorry you're experiencing your symptoms. I'm curious do you feel the symptoms in your (sorry graphic) clitoris or just generally down below, moves around? I ask because last spring/ early summer I was getting this random ache/sensation down below. It would move around. Sometimes off to the side of my clitoris, sometimes internally, etc. Anyway, just curious.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information