Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New day, new bat

Re: Rabies fear

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamingincolor1390 View Post
    I know... and I’m trying to think it’s not...I had a super busy week/ weekend that distracted me... but last night I got super exhausted andcould barely move... the susPect spot on my leg yesterday started ringing and itching ... and I also have a cough now too... I’m fearing the worst! I’m really really trying to believe it’s nothing but it’s so hard...
    Well, there is your cause and consequence. You had a super busy week and weekend and last night your body told you OK, enough now, time to stop and rest. And you are on the right track - activity works wonders for anxiety, as you saw for yourself last (super busy week).

Another thing - being anxious and concentrating on a symptom or part of body causes all sorts of weird sensations in that part of body/magnifies a symptom threefold. It is a proven fact. Get some rest, than be active again - I am sure your spot will stop bothering you and you will not even notice it has happened.

Margaret Thatcher

Uh I know.. I just had so much energy when I got back from this past weekend... and for two days I was good... now I feel like I’m getting sick! It’s hard to
    Not fear the worst!

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamingincolor1390 View Post
    It’s hard to Not fear the worst!
    How so? When the choice is I'm fine compared with getting rabies from an invisible bat, the choice is easy

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

It’s hard cause I’m just not feeling well right now. Fatigue, tingling, coughing, mild nausea... just a general overall feeling of being unwell...

I hope you feel better soon

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

New day, new bat

I was watering my plants last night and walked around my patio to get to the to the other side. Our patio area is surrounded in ivy/ mulch, and these small little palm like plants...when I turned around to come back I felt a sharp pain just above my knee.. I looked Down and saw nothing.. I was about 5 inches away from the nearest bush... of course my mind thinks it’s me invisible rapid bat... but it was a pretty noticeable pain... anyone ever have that... bat anxiety again...

Re: New day, new bat

You would have definitely noticed if it was a bat. Typically you would hear them, or even feel the different parts of one hitting your leg/knee. A bat isn't just going to swoop out of nowhere, bite you, and then fly away. You probably brushed against a sharp part of one of the plants in your patio area.

Bats don't go out of their way to bite you - they avoid you. I know cos they fly round my back garden.

But yeah you are right it was an invisible bat that didn't bite you.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Uhhh I’m trying to believe that- but I went online and saw that the two most common bats in my area are so small I wouldn’t even feel them.: and theycome our at dusk which is when I was watering!

I looked down and saw nothing tho! I mean.. wouldn’t I have felt it hit me???

What are you doing to treat your anxiety? Are you walking around saying these "rabies" things to people around you?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information