Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pain behind above and behind left eye for nearly 4 days....

Pain behind above and behind left eye for nearly 4 days....

I'm really freaking out Sunday evening I had a severe panic attack over having a conflict with a family member. I got that worked up that I was just exhausted, so I ended up falling asleep with my contact lenses in. Around 11pm, at 3am, I woke up in a panic because I realised I'd slept with my contacts in, I NEVER do this and am always aware of contact lense care because I worry about my eyes.

Got the right one out easily but the left one felt glued to my eye and I couldn't get it out, tried all kinds of ways and was a bit rough with myself due to the panic. Eventually it came out and I went back to sleep. The next day my eye was red and sore and I just wore my glasses, but then the pain started, it's above my eyebrow and behind the eye. It's been shooting across my head as well at times and I have felt sick and dizzy and frightened. I hoped it would just go away but it hasn't. Even though the redness has gone. It gets worse on an evening.

I haven't been sleeping and I'm worried I've damaged my eye and I'm going to go blind or it's a coincidence and it's a brain bleed or tumour I keep crying and having panic attacks because I feel like I am going to drop dead at any moment. I'm even scared to move and am staying in my bed, I can't eat for feeling sick. I don't know if symptoms like that are my eye/head or just the anxiety.

I've rung the doctors and they said I'd have to see the optician. So I rang them and they could only see me on Monday. I just keep feeling like I could be dead by Monday.

Can anyone help? I haven't got anyone else to talk to.

'You can never win or lose, if you don't run the race'

Re: Pain behind above and behind left eye for nearly 4 days....

Hi Sal

That doesn't sound nice :( it's normal to be so conscious of our eyes, they're important! While obviously I'm not a medical professional, it could be down to some irritation, related to the contact lense or maybe it's completely unrelated! I sometimes have a pain in the back of my eyes and then get a headache with pains in the temples and in the front of my head.

Do you have allergies or hayfever? Because the past few weeks they have been bad for me and have been causing me these types of headaches, so maybe it's that?

I know it's easier said than done for us HA sufferers but try not to focus on the pain and Monday isn't all that far away! Let us know how it goes :-)

Thank you so much for replying and for taking the time to reassure me. I still feel awful but I'm just trying to watch TV and take my mind off it. Monday seems like eons away. My local urgent care centre is awful and the staff are rude to don't really want to go there....and current waiting time at the A&E is an ungodly time...can't face it.

Just trying not be aware of the pain, but I feel sick and dizzy....
    I just wish it would all go away, every symptom, every illness and I'm a mess...can't cope anymore...

Hi there! No medical professional either, but I also wear contacts and have the same pain that comes and goes with my right eye. Feels like my eyebrow and my eye socket...just a dull ache.

For me it took me a long time to realize it actually seemed to be related to neck issues. I have a lot of tension and trigger points that build up in my neck, shoulders and back, and find that if I address those (with warm compresses and a massaging tool) the eye pain starts to dissipate.

This happens to me, too, if ever I have something in my contact or its irritating me that day, or the contact is old.

Maybe you are dehydrated as well! Best of luck, keep us posted and I know exactly what you are going through, hang in there.

As you can see (see link for picture)

https://imgur.com/a/VaRxa2g

the situation has got worse. I'm going to A&E first thing. The eye is now twice the size of the other one and the eyelid is swollen and red. It's painful and I'm now having floaters. I dread to think what's going to happen to me.

Hi Floaters are normal so don't worry. Couldn't see anything in the pic like redness I would be interested in what A&E say but would say it's not a emergency as such your Gp could deal with this ATB

Thank you. It doesn't show well on the pics but my eyelid has swollen and become red. The eye also looks bigger than normal. I'm going to go to urgent care in the morning just to be on the safe side. I'll update when I get back.

Quote Originally Posted by 87sal87 View Post
    Thank you. It doesn't show well on the pics but my eyelid has swollen and become red. The eye also looks bigger than normal. I'm going to go to urgent care in the morning just to be on the safe side. I'll update when I get back.
    When you say your eye looks bigger than normal do you mean the iris it's self or the whole eye ball? ATB

It's the whole eyeball. Also when I shut my eyes and feel both eye surface's through the closed eyelids, my left eye feels soft and small and 'squishy' but my 'bad right' one feels like a marble under the eyelid. Hard and bigger. It definitely feels off and I'm extremely concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by 87sal87 View Post
    It's the whole eyeball. Also when I shut my eyes and feel both eye surface's through the closed eyelids, my left eye feels soft and small and 'squishy' but my 'bad right' one feels like a marble under the eyelid. Hard and bigger. It definitely feels off and I'm extremely concerned.
    You haven't been poking it or rubbing it by any chance? It could just be a speck of dust or a tiny insect that's flown in your eye. I doubt it's anything serious, but you are right to get it checked let us know what they say you will be fine. ATB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information