Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: constant swallowing producing more saliva

Re: constant swallowing producing more saliva

Joyce - why didn't you ask them all this at A&E?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Joyce, acid reflux can cause pain, difficultly swallowing, sore throat, gurgling noises, hoarse voice, excess saliva - and many more odd sensations. You do not have to have acid coming into your mouth to have it - it can all occur lower down and therefore cause your throat to be affected.

You have been to see a doctor / A&E / etc many times and each time been told that there is nothing sinister in your throat or mouth. And trust me, if there was something that was there, you would know about it by now because the doctors / nurses would have seen it.

Pregnancy causes Acid Reflux - and can make it ten times worse, if you think about it logically your entire stomach is squashed up which would make it bad.

You DO NOT have throat cancer or mouth cancer, end of story and have been reassured constantly by very many caring people on this site (and endless doctors by the sounds of your posts), give them the respect they deserve by listening to them and not endlessly asking the same question over and over - it's insulting to them all and to the time and care they give to you.

Gaviscon is good for this problem and safe to use during pregnancy. I know all of this as I suffer from chronic reflux and am on medication for it and during both my pregnancies it was appalling, Gaviscon tablets or liquid really helped. Don't eat late at night, avoid spicy food and eat small amounts often - avoid caffeine and fizzy drinks.

You are obviously incredibly anxious and I'm sorry for you for that as I know how terrible that is - but this will only increase your throat problems as it is an area that is badly affected by anxiety but you MUST give all these fantastic people the respect they deserve by giving them some credibility when they answer the same questions over and over again.

You are ok - you just suffer accutely from anxiety and severe indigestion - all of which explain your throat and mouth problems - nothing more sinister than that.

yes okay but how do i stop the constant swallowing thats probably giving me a sore tense throat would that be correct

Joyce - we have been over this again and again and I am not sure you are even real let alone listening to us.

I PM'd you and am locking this thread pending admin review

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information