Ok, so I've got this funky throat thing happening for about 4 months now. I am not in "pain" but it is just discomfortable. Sometimes I feel like I have a lump by my adams apple (lower throat) - kind of like when you get all emotional and you are trying REALLY hard NOT to cry. So off I go to the Dr.'s and she says Globus Hystericus. We talk about it and I think - yup, I can see this, signs are there, stress etc. My question is now that I realize that I can control this (or at least I need to get my stress under control to get over this) how long should this take? I do feel better knowing that I don't have throat cancer and all the fun things I psyched myself up into believing I had. Dr. says reassurance from her is normally the key to the healing to begin. In otherwords....
"You are not deathly sick with a nasty disease so get over it!!) I just wonder if anyone else has had it and how long before you go sympton free?? I still have the odd spasm in my throat (it feels like a flutter) and I find if I have a really good cry I feel amazing afterwards. Just hoping someone else has experienced this too. Searching for some reassurance and hoping I'll get back to feeling 100% and not always having this in the back of my head.