Thread: Hysterical....

Hysterical....

Hi Guys

I have posted on here for a long while.I have a new baby who was born in September,and she is an absolute joy,so i have been focusing of course on her

However,i have been having back and hip pain which goes down my leg since before i became pregnant with her

Obviously i went back and forward to see the Dr who saidit was a trapped nerve,sciatic pain etc etc(even thought the pain i get isnt sharp,therefore not sciatica!!)
    The pain is there ALL the time,getting worse at some point,i dont know what is making it worse at times and nothing takes it away

Also my lower back has an intense burning pain and now i have it into my bum and underneath(sorry tmi)and i remembered reading that if this happens its really serious

My mum dies from primary bone cancer and im sure this is what i have,im terrified

The Drs know my history and have fobbed me off.I was refered for physio and have been twice,it isnt working.....as i knew it wouldnt.....

I asked for blood tests and she said she wasnt going to do them...i am going to have to push for them

Sorry for going on...i cant bear the thought of leaving my gorgeous baby....im terrified [V]

Hunny x

Hello Hunny

I developed lower back pain and sciatica when I was pregnant too and have suffered ever since. Always in my left leg and left buttock - really painful. It can go on for weeks and weeks, and then all of a sudden I'll get out of bed one morning and it's gone - almost as though something has freed itself overnight.

What you describe really does sound very much like sciatica (trapped nerve), and nothing more serious, so please be reassured. But there is everychance that once you've suffered with this, it will remain with you and flare up every now and then.

Hope it soon eases - enjoy your baby.

Sandie

It does sound like sciatica, but I think your GP could be a bit more understanding towards you in your circumstances! Unfortunately I think they are very overworked and usually don't have the time to actually listen and give the reassurance we need.

Is there another doctor in your practice you could get another opinion from? Just to reassure yourself.

I don't know about you, but when life is treating me good I can't just count my blessings - instead I have to worry about everything I'd leave behind if anything happened to me.

I want to send you a huge hug - I know how you feel coz I'm feeling pretty desparate myself at the moment. I'm sure it'll all come good, but maybe you need to see another doctor and really explain why you are concerned.

Do you get any help for your anxiety? Therapy, medication or anything?

hi hunny
    firstly big congrats on the birth of your baby girl!!!!!!!!
    i,m sure you have nothing to worry about as the docs know your history and will therefore not take any chances!i know that since i,ve had health anxiety what scares me the most is leaving my lovely daughters without a mum,and it seems to make my symptoms worse!!!!
    try to just enjoy being a new mum and try and relax when you can(i know thats not easy when you have a 3 month old!!!!)
    take care
    rach x

Hi, I can totally sympathise. I had a baby in May 2004 and suffered with severe pelvic pain, shooting pains down my back and legs and especially painful underneath my 'girl bits' (sorry for the twee description, but I'm sure you know where I mean). Most of the time it felt like someone had kicked me really hard 'down there' and the pain went on for months. My doctor said it was just my bones being out of place from the pregnancy and that it would sort itself out, you know what - it did! It did take a good year or so though before the pain went, so I know how you must be feeling. I suffered from scary heart symptoms after the birth and it's only now, two and a half years later, that I have learned to calm down slightly and stop fretting about my health. I think when we have a baby, our hormones are all over the place and you worry that the worst will happen - it's only natural. If you ever want to talk to someone who's been through it, feel free to message me.

Thank you for your replies

Im going back to see the Dr tomorrow,i can hardly walk,im terrified [V]

Hunny x

hi hunny
    sorry idont know anything about ladies problems typicall bloke eh! but what i do know is that your health anxiety deffo comes from your mum dying of cancer, my mum died of pancreatic cancer and everytime im ill or think i am i think ive got the big c and itakes me ages to calm down that is my main anxiety problem if im honest and it only started after mum died, im getting better tho over years thru hypnotherapy, holistic therapys etc and this website i hope you can draw strenght thru this congratulatins on your baby girl i bet she is lovely
    best wishes Mick

*BIG hugs to you*
    I understand how you feel. Two doctors now have refused to order CT scans for me when I was certain I had a brain tumor. To them, it's time & money spent. They're certain we don't have what we think they have so they don't want to "waste" the time & money. Try to take that as a good thing - if they know your fears and insist you're fine, odds are, you're okay.

“Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.”

xoxox

Thread Information