Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: feeling trapped of air HELP

feeling trapped of air HELP

hi

im so so scared i feel as though i cant feel myselft breathing i cant feel air going up mu nose when i breathe up im so scared that there is something wrong with my nose. will this feeling ever go away? should i go to the doctor to have my nose checked out or is it part of anxiety? i almost feel like im somothered and that im trapped behind something thats not letting me take a breath of air and feel it? can anyone please help im so so distressed i cant do a thing! i just lay back and its all i think about right at this moment im shaking!

caz x

HI CAZ
    I think that the feelings your getting is a case of anxiety...you MUST be breathing okay try to focus on something other than your breathing.

Try anything even if it seeing how many items you can find in you home beginning witha a certain letter...i KNOW that this is not an easy time for you but if you just try to concentrate on something else you WILL find things settle down.[:O]

Hi Caz,

Try the things we talked about earlier.
    You must try to take your mind off this. As Della said, sitting thinking about it will make the feeling worse. It doesnt matter how you do it, but you need to distract yourself.
    Many of us have been through this, you are not alone. Taking your mind off what you are feeling is going to help.
    Dont let it scare you.

Take care
    Jude x

hi Caz,

You need to try to forget about it!! Try to distract yourself and soon you will realise that you haven't thought about it in ages and that you didn't even notice youre breathing. It is just your anxiety getting the better of you!!

Sarah

hi thanx everyone for ur replies, its not that i dont think im breathing i know i am even tho i cant feel it! its just the sensation of me not able to feel the air that i am breathing and that feeling is scaring me and i dont know how to cope wi it or why im not feeling the air??? is d/p anything to do with this?

caz x

hi caz,
    i know what you mean about not being able to feel the air. one of the reasons i like rescue remedy is that whenever i spray it into my mouth it helps me to feel my throat - i also suck mints, for some reason this enables me to feel the air going down my throat and into my lungs.
    sounds mental, but it might work! i think ultimately you need to try and not think about it, but i know that's easier said than done.
    take care,
    henri x

Do you feel air coming down out of your nose?Hold your fingers under your nose. close your mouth and breathe out. Any air?

Nicola

Hi Caz

I know how we focus too much on problems when we are feeling anxious but you are still breathing and will carry on to breath. Keep talking to us and we will help you get through this.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

hi

nomorepanic i tried and yes i do feel air coming out wen i hold my finger under but i cant feel it go up wen i breathe up? should i be able to feel my breathe i cant remember? help! this is gettin on top of me so much

I can't feel air going up either so it must be perfectly normal so you are fine ok?

Try not to let it worry you so much - it is normal breathing that you are doing.

Nicola

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information